Nitro and allergies? (1 Viewer)

sammi

Nitro Member
My wife and I were at a TnT at Fomosa last weekend to run our little bracket dragster. Just so happens several NTF teams were there getting ready for the March Meet.

One of the fuelers fired up near our trailer and sent a load over our pits. My wife looks at me and says "hey, my allergies suddenly got better." Next thing I know, she is hightailing it around the pits heading for every team warming up on fuel. She REALLY believes breathing nitro fumes helps her allergies.

Has anyone out there heard of such a thing?

It's always worked great for me...but... spend a weekend on the starting line with every single pair of fuel cars and on Monday, Tuesday, Wed and Thursday the few days after the race, you get the 'POST NASAL NITRO DRIP'....but, IT'S AWESOME!!!

It must work. I've been snorting nitro since 1960 and have never had any allergies.
I can't for the 4-Lane Nationals so I can go get my prescription re-filled.

Nitro is a sedative for me. Fumes to soothe the savage beast! I don't doubt that it works for asthma, hives, gout, trick knees, and urinary tract infections.

When I had my colonoscopy the Doc asked if I ever hung around drag strips. I told him "just since about 1959." He said "you have the prettiest...."

I do know that after a trip to the strip my toenail fungus clears up for months!

Ask Sherwood...he mixes nitro, Bud Light, and sunshine-soaked-eye-candy, and he's as healthy as a bull.

Helps me too...for some reason nitro doesnt make me sneeze, tear up or choke at all. It's actually quite nice...;)

It definitely clears my head. But, I go into nitro withdrawal very quickly after leaving a race.
Thankfully, a buddy of mine has a drum of nitro for his soon to be running nostalgia FC. I can get a whiff of nitro whenever I need it.

When the nitro drags leave town run down to your local hobby shop. I think you can get her some 25% nitro fuel there!

I don't doubt that it's not too healthy . . . but that report was pretty old . . . 19 producers of nitromethane in the US . . . not in a while!

I don't know about relieving allergies but, my youngest, aka, "The Little Ride Stealer" is allergic to just about everything, and has asthma on top of that. Being around Nitro fumes doesn't bother him at all. In fact, the closer to the pipes he can get, the better he likes it..lol. We used to carry around a mask for him to wear at races but now, he just inhales the stuff.

Nitro has some other strange properties.

the conception of my last three children has come curiously close to the races.
John Peter June 20th -fall joliet
Alanna Grace Feb 3rd early 3 weeks -indy
Zachary James Feb 12 early 2 weeks -joliet

Aphrodisiac..........some may guess! I know I like the smell of it in her hair after the racing's over.

It helps me I guess. Considering Baytown and Ennis are both in Spring and Fall in Texas....and both very bad for allergies, I would guess it helps! I'm never miserable for either event. Hell..it doesn't hurt! :)

On a similar note, I had a cold one year in Brainerd. My nose and sinuses were stuffed solid. We sit right on the rail at the start. When they took off, the vibrations penetrated the clog and it felt like it equalized the pressure in my sinuses, making me feel better.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back