NHRA TV in Australia (1 Viewer)

Greasemunk

Nitro Member
So, we basically have one cable provider here in Oz (Foxtel), and they have been showing the NHRA for years (usually the day of / after the event), and we've been pretty happy with that.

But it turns out that when NHRA has inked their deal with Fox, that the International Distribution might have been overlooked because there is no plans to show NHRA on Fox (on the cable provider Foxtel - but apparently they have no connection to the US company) down here.

As you can imagine, we are pretty annoyed about this. Many of us have complained to Foxtel and also to the NHRA directly and we are lobbying some of the big teams to contact the NHRA to voice their concerns (which, to their credit, the NHRA has admitted that they are looking into this). but it looks like we are going to miss out on the start of the season at least, and who knows how long it could take to get this sorted.

The NHRA has a plan to bring in a Streaming service apparently but this isn't supposed to go live till March.

Anyone have any other ideas as to how we might be able to get this figured?

Rusty

So, we basically have one cable provider here in Oz (Foxtel), and they have been showing the NHRA for years (usually the day of / after the event), and we've been pretty happy with that.

But it turns out that when NHRA has inked their deal with Fox, that the International Distribution might have been overlooked because there is no plans to show NHRA on Fox (on the cable provider Foxtel - but apparently they have no connection to the US company) down here.

As you can imagine, we are pretty annoyed about this. Many of us have complained to Foxtel and also to the NHRA directly and we are lobbying some of the big teams to contact the NHRA to voice their concerns (which, to their credit, the NHRA has admitted that they are looking into this). but it looks like we are going to miss out on the start of the season at least, and who knows how long it could take to get this sorted.

The NHRA has a plan to bring in a Streaming service apparently but this isn't supposed to go live till March.

Anyone have any other ideas as to how we might be able to get this figured?

Rusty
Looks like Canada is also out of the loop ???
NHRA is not answering e mails about this!!

Looks like Canada is also out of the loop ???
NHRA is not answering e mails about this!!

Ken Adelson, VP of Broadcasting and Digital Media at the NHRA has tweeted that they are working on something and will have an announcement as soon at it is finalised, but it's not looking good for the start of the season for anyone not in the USA. Guess the NHRA can't call it a World Championship anymore.....

Slightly off topic Rusty, but can we technically call Pro Slammer, Pro Alcohol etc "World Champions" as well, seeing as though it's open to anybody in the world who wants to enter? I remember Dean Neal calling Zappia the 'World Top Doorslammer Champ' several years back - we all chuckled in agreement.
In all seriousness, the International audience is very important to NHRA and I hope this is resolved in the next 2 weeks.

Slightly off topic Rusty, but can we technically call Pro Slammer, Pro Alcohol etc "World Champions" as well, seeing as though it's open to anybody in the world who wants to enter? I remember Dean Neal calling Zappia the 'World Top Doorslammer Champ' several years back - we all chuckled in agreement.
In all seriousness, the International audience is very important to NHRA and I hope this is resolved in the next 2 weeks.

I guess so. I'm the commentator so I can call them whatever I want ! :)

In all seriousness though, If there was actually a race outside North America (Hell, even outside of the US) then they can call it a World Championship. there are international racers, and yeah, it's the closest thing we have at the moment but it's still not a truly world championship.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back