NHRA tears down PS Team....... (1 Viewer)

Chris Mcgaha's class went up as if it could in my book ! However Richard Freeman showed NO class at all. He said on all access as I watched. "Why didn't he come over here and settle it like a man?" So,, no, he did the gentleman way and put up the money the way it was supposed to be done. (I was protested in 1962 at Fremont with my 409. I had to remove the intake and a head. $100.00 was the cost" I was okay in "Hillary Govia's barn" and then the next week it was my gas. Don Smith (Champion Speed Shop. Half Moon Bay drag strip) smelled the gas, looked at it, it was Chevron Custom Supreme and threw it out the window. Case closed. The days of physical altercation are over. They used to happen lots in the old days and Richard Freeman must think that that is the way you settle things!
As it is, or as it SHOULD BE Elite is totally vindicated and Chris Mcgaha should be satisfied and they SHOULD shake hands and say okay, case closed. We proved to all we are legal and Chris will say
that he put his mind clear and race maybe with a little more urge to win against them but either way,, IT'S OVER. This from a long time racer who just sold my last car at 70 years old five years ago.
I didn't even have the hot head at 20 the immature attitude then. Maybe I'm different but that's the way it is. As a side note even super Christian Erica's remarks didn't surprise me. She has always been a twirp and hypocrite as far as I am concerned, although she IS one of the top drivers ever to drive a Pro Stock car. She worked hard to get there but I really, as a Christian myself absolutely hate the
"All the glory to God" crap when people are playing with million dollar toys that only a few ever do and people are starving and all the violence on earth is going on. God Bless you all and these are just
my thoughts and anyone who disagrees has every right and I have no ill feelings toward them. Bob Kirkbride
Why did this not happen to the "Dodge boys" of Wayne County? Every Pro Stock racer knew they had almost the exact engine as the GM cars yet no one had the balls to put up the money and those Dodges STOLE WORLD CHAMPION SHIPS while running nitros in the "battery inside the frame through the block behind the flywheel and up under the intake. NHRA finally caught them and they were out for a year and never were competative again! Another more recent one was caught (who shall remain nameless) but far fewer people knew and still has a good name. Think and you can figure it out. He too, was absent for a year.
The Wayne county thing was covered up to protect MoPar who had nothing to do with it and was a major NHRA sponsor,, allegedly.

We got torn down like I said and no money was put up. Just a guy claiming he "heard a few things" is all it took. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Why did this not happen to the "Dodge boys" of Wayne County? Every Pro Stock racer knew they had almost the exact engine as the GM cars yet no one had the balls to put up the money and those Dodges STOLE WORLD CHAMPION SHIPS while running nitros in the "battery inside the frame through the block behind the flywheel and up under the intake. NHRA finally caught them and they were out for a year and never were competative again! Another more recent one was caught (who shall remain nameless) but far fewer people knew and still has a good name. Think and you can figure it out. He too, was absent for a year.
The Wayne county thing was covered up to protect MoPar who had nothing to do with it and was a major NHRA sponsor,, allegedly.

Hmmm. What color was the car?

Why are we living 40 years ago WAH WAH WAH,
let it go already.

" Sean D." ;)

Really $1000 bucks?? that is like 2-3 dollars for you and me.

This is EXACTLY what I told my gal last night when I watched this. I literally laughed my ass off when I heard the amount. Someone mentioned earlier how a grand keeps the frivolous stuff away. That's a joke! Lmao!! I'm surprised Elite didn't return fire just to inconvenience them.

Why are we living 40 years ago WAH WAH WAH,
let it go already.

" Sean D." ;)

I couldn't agree more, Ken! Except personally, I'm ready to see the class go back to the weight-break format, so maybe I actually DO want to go back to 40 years ago! Lmao!!!

Sean D

And after being torn down and reassembled in the pits both cars appeared to fall off some in ET, coincidence....??

not the ideal conditions to assemble a PS engine.

I just want to see cars that look similar to what is on the dealer lots.

And after being torn down and reassembled in the pits both cars appeared to fall off some in ET, coincidence....??

not the ideal conditions to assemble a PS engine.

I just want to see cars that look similar to what is on the dealer lots.

I mentioned that to her as well. But then they come back in the second round and they were handing out .54's to everybody, including them, like they were M&M's. It was weird.

Sean D

That is a good idea!
There is a filing fee, but it’s only a few hundred dollars, which is why the system is bogged down with frivolous cases. Believe it not, but there are legitimate cases in court and people shouldn’t need to pluck down a fortune just to file it.

For a second there I thought this turned into a nascar site as we had a serious left turn from the OP to something that happened 20+ years ago and has absolutely no bearing on the original subject.

Hmmm. What color was the car?
They had two cars. usually black and white. The late Scott Geofrein (sp) drove one and the likable Darrell Alderman drove the other. Darrell Alderman had a cocaine problem that became known
subjected himself to rehab, was out for a year before he did come back clean and sober. He is now building houses I think. The fans always liked him and it was good he cleaned himself it up.

Watching the telecast today, Richard Freeman sounded much better! They are now known to be legal and Chris Mcgaha is also happy that his suspicions were wrong and now everyone knows and the
scuttlebut on that subject should be over and I for one think it is great. Elite is vindicated and it is a feather in their hat and they should be proud the truth is out!

Amanda: What brought about the protest?
Chris: Well back in 2015; Richard told me, point blank, that they're running illegal fuel.

What am I missing? What does illegal fuel have to do with pulling the heads?

:confused:

Chris: Well back in 2015; Richard told me, point blank, that they're running illegal fuel.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around that, that being the fuel part. Why is the world would you point-blank tell another competitor that you were running illegal fuel? Sounds like more of a mind game than it does an admission of cheating.

Sean D

The reason(s) that McGaha initiated the protest was because of what Freeman supposedly told him back in 2015 and also their pick-up in performance as of late. Add 1 and 1 together, therefore McGaha initiates the protest to ensure that Elite isn't up to some other shenanigans. On one hand, it has noting to do with the fuel, but on the other hand, it does. Get it?

This is EXACTLY what I told my gal last night when I watched this. I literally laughed my ass off when I heard the amount. Someone mentioned earlier how a grand keeps the frivolous stuff away. That's a joke! Lmao!! I'm surprised Elite didn't return fire just to inconvenience them.

I wrote that the cost discourages frivolous protests. If the $2,000 he paid to file the protests is equivalent to $2 or $3 to most of us, the Elite team could have donated their reward for passing the inspection to a charity. Instead, they gloated. Erica jumping up and down and cheering behind the starting line when Chris went red wasn't exactly a classy display either. I like her and have defended her against some of the hateful crap I've seen online over the years.

Also, it looks like you missed the fact that Chris pays for the fuel for all of the Pro Stock drivers that are now fueled in the staging lanes...because of what he was told a few years ago. That's around $1,000 per event. Sorry, but I can't fault an independent driver for spending his own money to try to keep the class honest. The history of Pro Stock is not clean. Some of it is pretty dirty.

The reason(s) that McGaha initiated the protest was because of what Freeman supposedly told him back in 2015 and also their pick-up in performance as of late. Add 1 and 1 together, therefore McGaha initiates the protest to ensure that Elite isn't up to some other shenanigans. On one hand, it has noting to do with the fuel, but on the other hand, it does. Get it?

Yes, I get the correlation. So that’s when you say “I protested to see if they were running more cubic inches than allowed.” Something that’s relevant in 2018, not 2015.

I wrote that the cost discourages frivolous protests. If the $2,000 he paid to file the protests is equivalent to $2 or $3 to most of us, the Elite team could have donated their reward for passing the inspection to a charity. Instead, they gloated. Erica jumping up and down and cheering behind the starting line when Chris went red wasn't exactly a classy display either. I like her and have defended her against some of the hateful crap I've seen online over the years.

Also, it looks like you missed the fact that Chris pays for the fuel for all of the Pro Stock drivers that are now fueled in the staging lanes...because of what he was told a few years ago. That's around $1,000 per event. Sorry, but I can't fault an independent driver for spending his own money to try to keep the class honest. The history of Pro Stock is not clean. Some of it is pretty dirty.
Jeggie is the only one with class on that entire team, Freeman showed just how classless he is on the Fox interview.
Seem like he just want brawls with anybody who is their competitor like they did with the Gray team. One day he will get his wish and get banned from NHRA.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back