NHRA Sport Compact Series no more... (1 Viewer)

I was an average kid(looks and manors) that respected my elders cus if I didnt my Dad would have beat the crap out of me.

I am not knocking them cus some of those guys are very smart, but with all the stereo typing in this world how can they expect to be taken seriously when they look the way they do and present themselves as such(the punk kid image - hat barely sittin on their head, pants around the thighs, dog as every other word or bro)

I for one like my neighbor and he is welcome in my garage anytime(and often wont leave) but the other neighbors always complain about him and his buddies. They have the typical rice burner cars a couple of them are loud and annoying.

I recognize the technology in them, but I am too old school to get into FWD drag cars that sound like they need to be hit with a large flyswatter. However, if it gets young people off the streets and to the track, then it is not too unlike the muscle car days of the late 60s.

Last edited:
Maybe everyone should swallow their pride and come on out to a SC event to see all the sideways hats and gangsters and thugs out there dedicating their lives to DRAG RACING. Last time I checked it looked like a bunch of guys in race suits and crew shirts pulling up in some pretty nice rigs :confused:

SC drag racing is pulling people from a younger demographic and getting them interested and involved in drag racing rather than something else. These "kids" could be skateboarding, driving around turns, or bass fishing for all that matter. It is a growth bed for PowerAde racing and everything involved with drag racing whether you like it or not.

We go run these Summit Series events on the weekends for fun sometimes and get nothing but positive feedback and interest. I'll have 100 people standing around my little alcohol fart can car and all their kids lined up wanting to check it out. I have more fun letting those little guys and girls sit in the driver's seat than I do racing sometimes. I see guys spending tens of thousands of dollars to bracket race their rail cars and then they talk about how they long for the old days where they could show up the track and run heads up. Those guys could spend the same amount of money running SC and be running heads up, pro style racing with magazine coverage and TV exposure. It is a great opportunity for even those not wearing their hats sideways :rolleyes:

Just lump all the sport compact racers into Competition Eliminator. Problem solved.

Seriously, that's what may eventually happen. I know it would suck for the guys that like heads up racing, but if there isn't gonna be support for them at their events, that's a lot of wasted money sitting around in a shop and not racing.

Just lump all the sport compact racers into Competition Eliminator. Problem solved.

Seriously, that's what may eventually happen. I know it would suck for the guys that like heads up racing, but if there isn't gonna be support for them at their events, that's a lot of wasted money sitting around in a shop and not racing.

There will always be a heads up racing series for sport compacts. There is more to this "merger" than NHRA just dumping the program, and we will all know more about that in the weeks to come. Wally Parks had an interest in Sport Compact racers for a reason ;)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back