NHRA: Revised Schedule (1 Viewer)

Meanwhile, I'll be paying attention to China, to determine when Round 2 is starting... 😕

No countdown, just give Steve Torrence the trophy now. NHRA did a good job but wouldn't it been easier for the teams to travel to the east coast from Indy ??
Or are too many teams still on the west coast?

Houston in June. Let’s see how many cars will make it down the track that weekend! Most likely low to mid 90’s. I always thought it was to late in the year on the regular schedule. It was in the low 90’s here in Houston today. I am not sure why the NHRA doesn’t have the Houston race later in the fall along with Dallas.

Guys...I wouldn't plan on anything just yet, Note that the schedule says "tentative" with weekends in the schedule for Gainesville & Houston rain-dates in case the season doesn't start in June as who knows what is going to happen between now & then.

Hey Alain Reinhardt, do you know how Pro qualifying is going to work for the 2 day Events?
Sounds like it will make large crowds and concesions stands that you have to wait forever in, Sounds like I might stay home this year ???

With only 2 shots to Q, how would you set the cars up? Maybe a little soft on first run & then step it up? Crew chiefs will earn their pay. I've seen races where rain, etc allowed only 2 Q runs & they did pretty good.

Any word on it they are adjusting any of the Lucas Oil series dates?
I haven't heard anything on those yet. I think they're all more still in wait-and-see mode before making adjustments. Besides, they don't have to deal with pre-entries (other than the Top Alcohol classes) or the other non-racing stuff that national events do, so they can hold off until things stabilize some and we all have a better idea what the season is going to look like.

2 Q on Sat. will be interesting to watch. if the track will hold a .60 something, will teams go for low e.t. on 1st run? or just try and run a .70 something and come back
in 2nd Q and try to run e.t. ....... i'm thinkin' that 1st Q run is gonna' be pretty important. no more friday 1st sessions where hardly anyone makes it past 1/2 track. lots of strategy.
make up race for gators sept. 25-27. probably a better date than early june. wouldn't surprise if this doesn't happen.

Last edited:
2 Q on Sat. will be interesting to watch. if the track will hold a .60 something, will teams go for low e.t. on 1st run? or just try and run a .70 something and come back
in 2nd Q and try to run e.t. ....... i'm thinkin' that 1st Q run is gonna' be pretty important. no more friday 1st sessions where hardly anyone makes it past 1/2 track. lots of strategy.
make up race for gators sept. 25-27. probably a better date than early june. wouldn't surprise if this doesn't happen.
Guess we can forget friday nitro live on fs1 lol

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back