NHRA re: The Incident (2 Viewers)

The guys that make them go fast are way smarter than the guys riding in them when they go fast 🙂
I wouldn't discount yourself or any good driver's contribution to a win light. I've always been amazed at how easy some people make it look, then they get bounced for whatever reason and the next guy in the seat can't even get it down the track with the same tuner and equipment. It takes a team to win and only one weak link to screw it up, lol.

everyone remember the threads on here bashing the drivers for being so polite in the shutdown area. too PC. too nice. to many smiles. thanking too many sponsors. ? ? ? ? ? ?
not enough emotion. not enough rivalries. just not enough. ....... $25 _ _ _ _ ing grand to the safety safari! R U F K M !! nhra should be paying the torrences for the xtra eyeballs that mite tune
in next year to see the hot head champion from texas. think we're fixin' to see a repeat in '20.

everyone remember the threads on here bashing the drivers for being so polite in the shutdown area. too PC. too nice. to many smiles. thanking too many sponsors. ? ? ? ? ? ?
not enough emotion. not enough rivalries. just not enough. ....... $25 _ _ _ _ ing grand to the safety safari! R U F K M !! nhra should be paying the torrences for the xtra eyeballs that mite tune
in next year to see the hot head champion from texas. think we're fixin' to see a repeat in '20.
3-peat. :D

NHRA is now political and a swamp if u r in the click u r protected but it is all there is so we have to deal with it

Yep. I remember. That's about the time I started liking Steve because he said exactly what he wanted to say. He didn't sugar coat things or thank 30 sponsors and talk like he was so nervous he was about to throw up(Brittany Force, anyone?) when he started calling out GI Joe and everybody else is when it really got interesting a few years ago.

He got away with it with Cameron! What if it were another more prominent driver like Doug Kalitta or Antron? Brittany, forget it. He'd be thrown to the coals.

We all mess up. That's a given. If he sincerely apologized, and MEANT it, then that's really all you can ask.

My issue remains the same, in that I realize stuff like this is going to happen but there is an element of responsibility the NHRA needs to own up to when it comes to sanctions when it does. And when I say sanctions, I mean CONSISTENT sanctions, whether they're dealing with a first-time Super Gas participant or the elite of the elite in the professional categories. Yelling back-and-forth is one thing, but when things turn physical, it needs to be reigned in immediately. Otherwise you end up having to do the stuff schools do now and suspend both parties, regardless who is at fault for starting it, which makes everybody look dumb.

Sean D
In the NFL usually the guy that retaliates gets the worst penalty.

Hey, I was relatively fast 45 years ago, but Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet.... LOL

Chase, It has nothing to do with how fast you were - or weren't... NOBODY has done it, contemplated it, or even tried to do it the way you did..

There aren't very many people who could even comprehend what you created after the fact - much less be able to make it happen and be a competitive endeavor..

I saw alot of drag racing - but , to me , the Golden Gator was the epitome of the essence of what it was all about... Conceptual vision / Belief / planning / hard work / realization of the hardware / and then managing the outlying realities to make it work... all from scratch...

I remember the first time I saw it, and trying to figure out how all the pieces worked together...

Some days, now that I'm old, when faced with trying to make alot of stuff work together - believe it or not - I channel the " gator" and think , " there's got to be a way to make it work -Chase figured it out..."

Internet or not - Well Done. Very well Done. Inspiration meets actuality... big fan... jt.

Thanks Jeff.....Aw shucks, you've got me blushing now.... Most credit should go the car owner/sponsor/engineer/ace fabricator Al Lidert. He never received the credit he deserved. He had a different way of looking at things, and the desire and drive to make it all work. I had the fun of driving and making "suggestions" (that better have a sound engineering justification), that would then appear overnight, ready for the next outing. What a great time to have raced. My best regards to you and your family. Chase

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back