NHRA re: The Incident (1 Viewer)

He would? When NHRA's rulebook specifically says that disciplinary action for unsportsmanlike and disruptive conduct may include permanent suspension?
Did the NHRA do that to Force at Indy in 2009 when he pushed a NHRA official? No................and laying your hands on an offical is a worse offense. You people who want him suspended are off your rockers or forgot to take your meds today. People, lets use common sense and have the penalty fit the crime. He pushed the kid back to the face, it wasn't a punch or slap. You people are acting like he sucker punched him and laid him out. IMO, the penalty is consistent to what other pro racers have received in the past.

Everybody has made such a huge deal of this, but it's ok when 2 pro stock teams fight in the pits. Nobody said both Gray's and Laughlin's teams and both drivers should've been kicked out of the event or had points taken, or been suspended, or anything else.

So how is it logical that everybody was OK when multiple people got into it, but when it's 2 people it's the end of the world?

Right. People don't like Steve anyway. And it seems like they're the ones still crying about a head push. A push to the head.

L. O. L.

At the risk of losing a national championship and a $500,000 paycheck? Not saying you're ignorant, Ray, but that's pretty ignorant thinking - retaliation toward someone laughing in your face and gambling half a million dollars on the outcome.
You asked what would cause him to lose all sense. I gave my take and am fully aware of the ramifications.

Steve will get the necessary counseling you think he needs while Cameron walks after his verbal threats, which in the real world will get you way more time than the nose job.
Also an NHRA violation if everyone is playing by the rules.

Steve knows better than anyone what he did was wrong. Let's remind him of it all day, everyday until they bury him at sea.

light the next pair

I am running out of drivers to root for. I stopped cheering for

Statement of Action Against Participant​
The following action has been taken against Steve Torrence regarding an incident that occurred during the Auto Club NHRA Finals at Auto Club Raceway at Pomona on November 17, 2019 regarding an altercation with a fellow competitor. Torrence publicly apologized for his conduct at the season-end awards ceremony on November 18, 2019. Torrence has been fined twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) and must complete anger management sessions. The fine will be dedicated to enhancing the capabilities of the Safety Safari. The action is appealable.

Another words Stev pays for the sessions, goes to a session, says I realize what I did was wrong, instructor says good job Steve and signs off that Steve is rehabilitated.

Everybody has made such a huge deal of this, but it's ok when 2 pro stock teams fight in the pits. Nobody said both Gray's and Laughlin's teams and both drivers should've been kicked out of the event or had points taken, or been suspended, or anything else.

So how is it logical that everybody was OK when multiple people got into it, but when it's 2 people it's the end of the world?

Right. People don't like Steve anyway. And it seems like they're the ones still crying about a head push. A push to the head.

L. O. L.

I do not think it was the actual push. I believe it is the way it was done. Steve walked up and while shaking Ferres hand pushed him in the face. Pussy move.
Now if Steve would of got out of his car, charged Ferre and hit him I would be OK with that LOL.

Did the NHRA do that to Force at Indy in 2009 when he pushed a NHRA official? No................and laying your hands on an offical is a worse offense. You people who want him suspended are off your rockers or forgot to take your meds today. People, lets use common sense and have the penalty fit the crime. He pushed the kid back to the face, it wasn't a punch or slap. You people are acting like he sucker punched him and laid him out. IMO, the penalty is consistent to what other pro racers have received in the past.

Paul, let's stop with the 'you people want to crucify Steve' crap. Right here in this thread I've more than once made a case for accepting Torrence's apology, despite there being questions about whether or not it was coerced.... standing up for the NHRA after they've been repeatedly blasted for not rendering a decision on what to do with him (as in throw his ass off the property) within 5 minutes of the incident happening...and for everyone to settle down and move on. I never once advocated for him to be suspended; in fact, I specifically said that I felt the penalty was fair, expected and timely. What Torrence did was ridiculously STUPID, but it's not unforgivable.

For what it's worth, Force pushed an official out of the way so he could approach his intended target, Pedregon. We've all seen the video; it wasn't a flagrant attack. And before you ask, yes, OF COURSE I believe Force threw that race but it couldn't be proved which is why he skated. There wasn't any further proof needed in Torrence's case.

[QUOTE="Carl
For what it's worth, Force pushed an official out of the way so he could approach his intended target, Pedregon. We've all seen the video; it wasn't a flagrant attack. And before you ask, yes, OF COURSE I believe Force threw that race but it couldn't be proved which is why he skated. There wasn't any further proof needed in Torrence's case.[/QUOTE]

Don't quote me on this, but if my memory serves me correct. Force was fined 10K for shoving the official.

You asked what would cause him to lose all sense. I gave my take and am fully aware of the ramifications.

Steve will get the necessary counseling you think he needs while Cameron walks after his verbal threats, which in the real world will get you way more time than the nose job.
Also an NHRA violation if everyone is playing by the rules.

Steve knows better than anyone what he did was wrong. Let's remind him of it all day, everyday until they bury him at sea.

light the next pair

... while Cameron walks after his verbal threats...

I am almost certain Cameron did not make a verbal threat to Torrance. Do you have any proof of this?

I am almost certain Cameron did not make a verbal threat to Torrance. Do you have any proof of this?
I don't have time for this today Gino. Watch his interview with Amanda or on NHRA.tv Different interviews!

I don't think calling his next door neighbor Tito Ortiz, was for a meet and greet in hunington beach. Something about wanting to wrestle? Calls out NHRA, asking if Steve is the Champion they want representing their sport ... I was surprised to hear Cameron go loco and had hoped to verbatim what he said, however NHRA.tv is not showing the finals. Cameron is not an innocent bystander here.

I didn't expect that from a 34 year old college professor. It would do Cameron some good to take the classes with Steve, IMO.

Last edited:

I doubt he said anything, alot of people keep saying oh if you knew what cam said,but they wont say what he said,prob bc its bs...

They should have also put him on probation for 1 year. If he violates the probation he is suspended for a number of races.

I'm sure that is part of the "settlement".

Also,
Unless NHRA has knowledge about past anger issues with Steve I don't agree with anger management classes.

Regarding those people who say that a $25,000 fine isn't enough, how much would be enough?

Steve will be paying for his actions for a long time. Crowd reaction will not be something he will want to remember. Kinda like what happened to Patton when he slapped a soldier. He paid a heavy price.

Last edited:
See What i mean,some people said oh if you knew what cam said and yet nobody has said anything about what he said from some that think they know what he said, bc he didnt say anything that warranted what steve said,thats why they wont say lol

See What i mean,some people said oh if you knew what cam said and yet nobody has said anything about what he said from some that think they know what he said, bc he didnt say anything that warranted what steve said,thats why they wont say lol
There are a lot of things behind the scenes that doesn't get discussed on this forum. Just because no ones talking doesn't mean it didn't happen. Loose lips sinks ships.

Last edited:
There are a lot of things behind the scenes that doesn't get discussed on this forum. Just because no ones talking doesn't mean it didn't happen. Loose lips sinks ships.
Lol its a cover up,im not buying it

After seeing Steve's great speech at the awards banquet, and after hearing that the football player who used his helmet as a weapon got fined $50,000
I find it hard to come back and read any new posts on this "incident".....
As far as I care, it's over, done, finito. Let's move on

Talk about the penalty not fitting the "crime", $50,000 to a NFL player is pocket change. And this guy used an "assault weapon" to commit his crime. In most states they call this assault with a deadly weapon. In comparison, Steve received a much higher penalty than this NFL player.

Just curious, how many of you wanted Capps to be thrown out of the race, or suspended, or docked points, or tarred and feathered when he smacked Bazemore a few years ago?

Alan

Or Force and Bazemore.

But in this case Torrence should have been ejected then and there as that is what they do in football and baseball.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back