NHRA re: The Incident (1 Viewer)

OK so $25k, that would be like fining me and you .25 cents.
Of course the anger management went unmentioned...
Probably the most beneficial thing if he takes a good look at himself.
I hope he does, it would be good for a lot of people around here, and maybe the management would make it mandatory to post on this board...
(lack of emojis to convey being serious...)

I have to admit I liked it. All of it. Cameron doing everything he could to get a round win and he definitely got in Steve's head. Then Steve let Cameron know just how he felt about it. Nothing sugar coated. Cameron reacted. Steve shoved him. They had to be separated. All kinds of viral messages going around. More publicity than a race, even a great race, would ever get. All kinds of reaction on all kinds of social media. Steve apologized. NHRA penalized Steve. Nothing vanilla about that........................😎

Of course the anger management went unmentioned...
Probably the most beneficial thing if he takes a good look at himself.
I hope he does, it would be good for a lot of people around here, and maybe the management would make it mandatory to post on this board...
(lack of emojis to convey being serious...)

I've been throught a ten-week anger management course (no, I didn't hit anyone) and it was one of the most beneficial things I've ever done. Kudos to NHRA for including that component.

I agree, Jeff, that it would be beneficial for some Nitromater members as well.

At the risk of losing a national championship and a $500,000 paycheck? Not saying you're ignorant, Ray, but that's pretty ignorant thinking - retaliation toward someone laughing in your face and gambling half a million dollars on the outcome. NHRA could have very easily tossed Torrence off the property and we'd all be celebrating Kalitta's championship win. Anyway, looks like NHRA just settled the score and Torrence would likely be better served if he accepts it.

Let's say the NHRA threw Steve out and he lost the Championship. Given the previous actions the NHRA has taken, Steve would have a great lawsuit against the sanctioning body. If you are going to do unprecedented things like that would be, you better have something to back it up like a rule written that exactly says what the action would be. Steve could go home with much more than $500g's

I've been throught a ten-week anger management course (no, I didn't hit anyone) and it was one of the most beneficial things I've ever done. Kudos to NHRA for including that component.

I agree, Jeff, that it would be beneficial for some Nitromater members as well.

After ten weeks of that I would be more pi$$ed and ready to hit something 🤪

Some people need someone to hate,Steve is the one right now. It will pass soon & off to the next one.

I think there's some truth to this. Although a championship was not on the line at the time there was nowhere near this much hate for Capps smacking Bazemore. But Capps is an easily likeable guy while Steve can come across as abrasive. I sometimes think people take him wrong, but that's a different discussion. And maybe the anger management will help him express himself in a way that exudes confidence without offending anyone. If that's even possible.

I don't condone Steve's getting physical so don't even try to put me in that camp, but he did - I believe sincerely - apologize to both Cameron and the the fans. NHRA - who was in a very hard place here - took action. Yet some want a lynching and won't be happy until they get one.

How many people felt he deserved it when Jimmy Spencer rearranged Kurt Busch's nose so bad he got plastic surgery? I know I did ;)

He got a $25,000 fine and one race suspension the next week (there was no next race after the Finals to suspend Steve)

DISAPPOINTED WITH THE GLENDORA ACTION.........THIS WILL HAVE NO EFFECT ON TORRENCE....WILL CONTINUE TO BE THE SPOILED DONKEY ASS ROTTEN DOUCHE HE IS.....THERE WAS NO CALL FOR HIS ACTION......IMOHO........FINE HIM A 100K AND NO WINTERNATIONALS 2020..........THE GOOD NEWS IS..............I GET TO LOOK AT ANGELLE'S BACKSIDE IN HD LEATHERS FOR ANOTHER YEAR.........

Where I come from, when you make an amends to someone, you ask the other person what would make it right.
In this case, if I was advising Steve, I might suggest putting Cameron in Billy's car when he can't drive (for whatever reason) That would go a long ways toward making it right. Don't you think?

Let's say the NHRA threw Steve out and he lost the Championship. Given the previous actions the NHRA has taken, Steve would have a great lawsuit against the sanctioning body.

He would? When NHRA's rulebook specifically says that disciplinary action for unsportsmanlike and disruptive conduct may include permanent suspension?

Some people won’t be happy unless Torrence is drawn and quartered.
We get it. You don’t like Torrence.
The NHRA has handed down their decision.
Get over it. You’re not going to change it.
My hope now is that Cameron is able to find sponsor money so he can continue racing.
The best thing that happened was Cameron finally being interviewed for the first time on FS1.

Move on....the 2020 season is just around the corner...I can hear Thunder in the Distance........:

The result from this incident will be a benefit to Steve, Cameron, and the NHRA. Steve will become a more discreet and empathetic individual. Cameron has gained a lot of unforeseen publicity, and this will substantially boost his marketability and enhance his career opportunities. And as far as the NHRA this adage will apply : "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

He would? When NHRA's rulebook specifically says that disciplinary action for unsportsmanlike and disruptive conduct may include permanent suspension?
I didn't check the rule book before posting.....%$#@*&!!!?*$%#@#:mad:🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🥵

sorry....now about those anger management classes.....

I am genuinely surprised at all of the continued pearl-clutching by all of the grown men around here.

To me this is almost a zero. A mild curiosity. To use a baseball analogy, this is a brush back pitch because a guy is crowding the plate. When watching on TV, I laughed when it happened. It seemed kind of ridiculous. I never dreamed there would be this cry and hue for NHRA to take their pound of flesh from the competitor.

Most people on this board constantly lament how boring the drivers are and how they have no personality and how there are no rivalries. And then as soon as anything remotely interesting happens, out come the torches and pitchforks immediately. Every. Single. Time. I don't get it.
Couldn't have said it better myself! The NHRA has handled this the same way they have handled other similar incidents and that's with a fine. I don't get people who want him thrown out because of a "push" to the face. Please....people cry they want action, they get the action they wanted and now they are offended.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back