NHRA Ps2 game fictional tracks (2 Viewers)

CoBro1997

Nitro Member
This might sound like a dumb question but thought i'd ask. I dug the old ps2 out that i havent played in forever and started playing nhra countdown which i remember is based on the 2007 season. I noticed in career mode it had the Thunder Valley Nationals(Bristol) at Columbus which last event was in 2006, moved to Norwalk for 07, Fram Autolite Nationals(Sonoma event) at Utah Dragway which is fictional. and Las Vegas two races were labeled Nevada Raceway. Bristol, Sonoma,and Las Vegas are all Bruton owned tracks. Could the developers not get the licensing or something? just curious

This might sound like a dumb question but thought i'd ask. I dug the old ps2 out that i havent played in forever and started playing nhra countdown which i remember is based on the 2007 season. I noticed in career mode it had the Thunder Valley Nationals(Bristol) at Columbus which last event was in 2006, moved to Norwalk for 07, Fram Autolite Nationals(Sonoma event) at Utah Dragway which is fictional. and Las Vegas two races were labeled Nevada Raceway. Bristol, Sonoma,and Las Vegas are all Bruton owned tracks. Could the developers not get the licensing or something? just curious
sounds like NHRA would not pay a copyright fee to use the real names.

Just wondering... with TV down to Sunday only, headquarters being sold off, Indy tower project @ a standstill, NHRA TV audio issues, loss of major facilities, no purse increases etc etc. What kind of financial shape is the organization in? Seems like there are serious issues everywhere?

Just wondering... with TV down to Sunday only, headquarters being sold off, Indy tower project @ a standstill, NHRA TV audio issues, loss of major facilities, no purse increases etc etc. What kind of financial shape is the organization in? Seems like there are serious issues everywhere?

I have stated before on this site that I think we are lucky the NHRA didn't declare bankruptcy during the Government-imposed virus lockdowns in 2020. I'm sure that affected IndyCar and NASCAR as well, but at least NASCAR was probably able to weather the storm better than IndyCar and NHRA. But I'm sure things are still tight at the NHRA. Look how many of the National Events do not have Title Sponsorship this year. The economy is not as good as Biden claims it is.

It very well could've been a licensing issue. Which isn't uncommon throughout out sports entertainment.

For years Porsche and Ferrari weren't in the Polyphony Gran Turismo game for PlayStation because of their commitments to other video games. Ferrari actually had their own game called Ferrari Challenge.

I know of multi-time funny car champion/legend who is very tough to negotiate with when it comes to licensing. Some neat projects haven't materialized because of it.

Thinking back to 2007, I wonder what commitment the Bruton Smith owned tracks had to EA Sports and NASCAR.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back