Google Maps for Tracks (1 Viewer)

Has anyone made a table showing track vs. runout (from finish to end of pavement). I was always curious where Brainerd ranks among others on the length of shutdown.

Thanks for the link. I know that BIR is a road course too, in the case of an unconscious driver that wouldn't help, how fast do you think a fuel car could take that turn if necessary? Didn't Del Worsham do that one year?

Here's a Google Map of all National Event tracks (NHRA and IHRA) I made a few years back.

Thanks for the link. I know that BIR is a road course too, in the case of an unconscious driver that wouldn't help, how fast do you think a fuel car could take that turn if necessary? Didn't Del Worsham do that one year?

Yes, Brainerd is a road course. And used to be, they'd have that banked #1 curve to resort to in case the chute didn't open. But, that's been complicated by the fact that a new section has been built for the road course that bypasses the big straitaway/dragstrip they used to use for the road course. There's now a barrier between the new road course and the old road course that will prevent a drag driver from using the old #1 turn. I don't know if they'll remove it for the North Star Nats (Old habit die hard!:D) but it was in place for the "show n shine" over the 4th, and will be in place during the muscle car shoot out on labor day, as the SCCA Trans-Am series will be happening there for the first time since 1990.

turn 1 @ BIR IMO is a huge advantage if your drag car won't stop - can't imagine it won't be in play for northstars.
the drag strip / turn 1 is still a part of the road course that can and is still used
when there is not dual racing taking place.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back