NHRA Pick'Em game (1 Viewer)

Just wanted to create a quick survey. If someone was going to make a really well done "Choose the Winners" type game that went on all season long and garnered points, what format would you most likely gravitate to?

Would you rather choose the 4 (or 3) pro winners and have them submitted before qualifying begins? Or would you rather click through and fill out a full bracket at the conclusion of qualifying so that more points could be earned? Or is there a whole other format that you think would be even better?

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thank you.

I like the bracket idea......PJ already runs a pick the winners game on here.

Thanks everyone. No territorial concerns here though so feel free to help out an answer.

Corey, I do like the idea of a bracket style game but the window for people to enter is then very small. It would be difficult to have people remember to enter picks between Saturday's last session and the opening round Sunday.

Having people remember is part of the reason pick the winners doesn't require picks until Friday (even though some qualifying has happened) In an older version we had a Thursday deadline and so many people would forget there was a race until Friday, which is why the move happened.

Perhaps special bracket style for Indy would be cool but as an every race format I think too many poeple would miss getting thie picks in on a regular basis.

I have also toyed adding more games such as a survior type. Something where you could pick one driver only once all season.
Maybe a fantasy salary cap style and there have been a few other ideads rolling around my empty head :)

PJ & Corey...drop me a line with some of them ideas you have... I am coding some new fantasy type games and will take all the ideas anyone has... :D

The salary cap version would be cool but I need to think of a way to put value on each driver...

pick a driver only once a season? we'd run out of drivers before we ran out of races:eek:

I have a small game too and we used to only be able to pick a driver twice per season. As the car counts have gone down I changed it to pick a driver 3 times per season and it still gets a little rough at the end of the season when you are out of quality picks.

Just throwing that info out for this survey as I think PJ's game is great the way it is.

PJ & Corey...drop me a line with some of them ideas you have... I am coding some new fantasy type games and will take all the ideas anyone has... :D

The salary cap version would be cool but I need to think of a way to put value on each driver...

I had notes on a rough version from a year or two ago.....now if I can only remember what I did with them lol

The only thing I can think of would be if PJ paid out $1000 to the winner each race, and $10,000 to the overall winner at the end of the season...

BTW I plan on hitting NY Mega Millions, and will donate the prize $$ :D

I had notes on a rough version from a year or two ago.....now if I can only remember what I did with them lol

You gave them to Zappy for safe keeping... :eek:

Somehow, they got to Jenn, who I think passed them on to "G", and somehow, they got down to Reid's, and are being used as packing material.. :D

The only thing I can think of would be if PJ paid out $1000 to the winner each race, and $10,000 to the overall winner at the end of the season...

BTW I plan on hitting NY Mega Millions, and will donate the prize $$ :D

I would love to get to the point of a weekly prize....although not that much. I was hoping race shirts or something on that level lol

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back