NHRA Mobile Launched! (1 Viewer)

Just downloaded the app to my blackberry, does the live timing work on this app like the Iphone? Were does it come up, I show three headings on mine, News, Notebook, Blogs.

I got a chance to look around a bit. If you press the berries button while in the app you get a strip of choices. One of them is Schedule and Results. I bet that's where the living timing will come up.

I've had the NHRA app on my iPhone for the last month or so. When I was in Memphis, about 15 seconds after the car crossed the finish line, my phone updated itself with all of the incremental numbers.

I have not seen video as part of the app I have. Guess we'll see.

I have that app as well, didn't know it provided Incrementals though! Does this give what DRC puts out?

I got a chance to look around a bit. If you press the berries button while in the app you get a strip of choices. One of them is Schedule and Results. I bet that's where the living timing will come up.

just put the app on my iphone - think you're rite kelly.

It will be a tangled mess for some time. I think people will be very unhappy when they find out it only works for PRO Sessions. Not sure if sportsman will be followed on it.

The ICard was far superior in every way....

The Live Timing at NHRA.com is held up because of patent infringement issues with the new owners of ICard ( now called Cymcast I think ) and 1320go.com from the people I have talked to. You may not see it for some time. Knowing NHRA it will be next to worthless for all classes.

Oh why must they sucketh so badly?

Last edited:
Well, Don I'm excited about it. In looking at past race results through this new app it sure is alot easier to read than dragracecentral.com on my phone. Don't get me wrong.....I was happy to get the results as they were updated on DRC on the internet on my phone when out and about, but I'm willing to give THIS a shot at least. :)

It will be a tangled mess for some time. I think people will be very unhappy when they find out it only works for PRO Sessions. Not sure if sportsman will be followed on it.

The ICard was far superior in every way....

The Live Timing at NHRA.com is held up because of patent infringement issues with the new owners of ICard ( now called Symcast I think ) and 1320go.com from the people I have talked to. You may not see it for some time. Knowing NHRA it will be next to worthless for all classes.

Oh why must they sucketh so badly?

Don't bring up that FIasco again! NHRA got hundreds of us to spend $300-400 on that stuff than just shut it down with NO explanation what so ever!

Well, Don I'm excited about it. In looking at past race results through this new app it sure is alot easier to read than dragracecentral.com on my phone. Don't get me wrong.....I was happy to get the results as they were updated on DRC on the internet on my phone when out and about, but I'm willing to give THIS a shot at least. :)

I adore DRC, just wish (as you note) that they would make a CSS stylesheet for mobile devices so that you could interpret it on a phone. With the left lane / right lane format (with ****WINNER**** in one lane) and how it wraps up so much on a phone, it's impossible to read. If they could lick that problem, I'd be ecstatic...

I adore DRC, just wish (as you note) that they would make a CSS stylesheet for mobile devices so that you could interpret it on a phone. With the left lane / right lane format (with ****WINNER**** in one lane) and how it wraps up so much on a phone, it's impossible to read. If they could lick that problem, I'd be ecstatic...
That's my main issue! But I figured it out. Well, at least I think I did but I always end up reading the notes just to be sure. LOL

nice thing about DRC pages, even in current form, they are almost all text
so they load easily and are relatively very small files.
learned this firsthand recently over labor day using
20mb int'l. plan w/iphone to keep track of national's results.

I downloaded the app to my BB Curve, but it wont launch all the way. it keeps telling me no connnection. does that mean i have to wait for the next race for it to come up?

I downloaded the app to my BB Curve, but it wont launch all the way. it keeps telling me no connnection. does that mean i have to wait for the next race for it to come up?
Nope not at all. Mine launches fine. Can you connect to any other apps? Maybe it's your signal?

Well I may just have to give this a whirl ... I don't ever pay for apps for my BlackBerry, well, except for themes but that's another story. So, this should be fun. :) At least until I upgrade to whatever new BB at&t puts out next month. Heh.

I'll scope it out since I have AppWorld installed on my Bold.

Kelly, I love you for posting about something that connects two of my favorite things: my BlackBerry and drag racing. Shiny gold star for you! I wouldn't have known of this otherwise. Thanks!

Well I finally did it and got an I Phone this past weekend, downloaded the NHRA app today and can't wait to see how it works.

OK....now this is just way too cool! I'm diggin' it so far. And to answer Don Higgins' question....yes, Sportsman Racing is live, too. :)

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back