Why Doesn't NHRA Have A Mobile App? (1 Viewer)

Notch1320

BerserkoBob
Nitro Member
I find it kinda hard to believe but I'm surprised that NHRA doesn't have a mobile app. All the other racing series I follow have apps (The F-1 app is awesome) but no NHRA app other than an app for NHRATV. Damn, Comp Plus has a great mobile app, why can't NHRA step up and join the 21st century?

Actually, NHRA did a bunch of years ago, Had to pay for the app. and could use it during the races but, for some reason. They dis-continued it. I had it and it was great if I was walking the pits or standing in line to grab something to eat.

What would be the advantage to an app that you can’t get from their website? Apps take up space on your phone. Website for the most part don’t. Some apps are tools and are very handy but most seem to be just another avenue to the same info you can get from their website. I’m not a web or app developer so I may be missing something here.

It was a live feed that, When a pair of cars went down the track, It was instant results on the app. Why they pulled it or refined it still make me wonder. At least, they got $4 of my money to fund the front office.

I could be wrong but I think it’s now done by the Track. Example both Texas Natl Events I attend each year have that app. It’s free & fun to use.

I find it kinda hard to believe but I'm surprised that NHRA doesn't have a mobile app. All the other racing series I follow have apps (The F-1 app is awesome) but no NHRA app other than an app for NHRATV. Damn, Comp Plus has a great mobile app, why can't NHRA step up and join the 21st century?

Lee is correct in that many tracks have their own apps.I have used the apps at Vegas, Charlotte and Seattle has one too. HOWEVER, I would like to see an app that gives you real time updates on delays. Whether it is a rain delay or track clean-up / repair delay it can be a pain to stay within earshot of the track's PA system to know when racing will resume.

Lee is correct in that many tracks have their own apps.I have used the apps at Vegas, Charlotte and Seattle has one too. HOWEVER, I would like to see an app that gives you real time updates on delays. Whether it is a rain delay or track clean-up / repair delay it can be a pain to stay within earshot of the track's PA system to know when racing will resume.
I'd settle for the old Audiocast that was free on NHRA.com.

If I can remember, The NHRA app came out like 8-10 yrs. ago counting the cell phones I upgraded to. When they came out with the app at that time, It was state of the art with them diving onto the app bandwagon. Unfortunately back then, The cell towers were at a minimum at Maple Grove so if you weren't in that sweet spot, You didn't get reception.

when i walked around bristol i always had earplugs in. an app would be nice for delays I never pay attention to the PA ever

What would be the advantage to an app that you can’t get from their website? Apps take up space on your phone. Website for the most part don’t. Some apps are tools and are very handy but most seem to be just another avenue to the same info you can get from their website. I’m not a web or app developer so I may be missing something here.
One word...Convivence. Bobby Bennett's Comp Plus app is free and it mirrors his website. One tap on my phone and I'm there. To get to the NHRA website you've go to go thru a browser requiring more effort.

One word...Convivence. Bobby Bennett's Comp Plus app is free and it mirrors his website. One tap on my phone and I'm there. To get to the NHRA website you've go to go thru a browser requiring more effort.
But isn’t that what bookmarks and/or favorites are for? One tap and I’m there too.

NHRA.tv is available as an app, and that works real well. Granted, you have to be a subscriber to be able to take advantage during a national event.

Actually, NHRA did a bunch of years ago, Had to pay for the app. and could use it during the races but, for some reason. They dis-continued it. I had it and it was great if I was walking the pits or standing in line to grab something to eat.
It used to be great, of course until they killed it. Bobby at CP has done a fantastic job, it fills the void the NHRA did not fill, and then 100% better than NHRA once it was killed. How hard was it to update ladders after a session, Link just the bare minimum news, and post links to teams' social media? Forget the actual visible visibility of NHRA vs. others. We have to deal with the no answer or the embarrassing fact the NHRA, the # 2 motorsport in the world, 100% does NOT have an app. This is a dangerous game in the stone age and they don't really seem concerned about how arrogant and naive it really is.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back