NHRA Member National Event Contests (1 Viewer)

Paul

Staff member
Nitro Member
Not sure how many members out there know this, but the NHRA has VIP winners for each race and they receive Red Key Parking passes and I think they also give out VIP access to pre-race ceremonies. I normally don't care about parking, but my father recently broke his leg while at a fire call (he is a volunteer firefighter) and he was skeptical about going to the race this weekend because of the far walk with the cast on his leg. I saw an add in the latest National Dragster about the VIP parking contest and thought what the hell let me give it a try, and a long story short, I won the parking passes. He now is planning on going the entire weekend with me because the Red Key parking is on the Nitro Pit side which is where our seats are at (short walk for race standards). There's usually some NHRA bashing around here, so I thought it would be good to give them some good feedback and a thank you for offering this for members.

Congratulations Paul, I hope you and your dad have a great time. I have a hard enough time walking around with two good legs at a race, so I could only imagine how tough it would be with a broken leg. I hope your dads leg heals fast and he is not in to much pain. I am also glad to hear something positive said about Nhra on this forum for a change. I don't know how anyone will be able to turn this thread negative, but I'm sure that there will be some self appointed expert that will try.:)

Last edited:
You've got to be kidding me.....I can't believe the NHRA started the fire that resulted in your Dad's broken leg.....unbelieveable!!! :D

Seriously, nice score on the parking passes!! My Dad has trouble going to the races now, but it's more related to old age and worn out legs than anything. At Commerce, they have golf carts riding around the parking lot and they will take you straight to the gate for free (tips are appreciated)....they do it to raise money for local schools, which I thought was a great idea.

Anyway, hope you and your Dad enjoy the weekend!

Figured out I am old at Vegas this year....:D My buddy and I were walking from the parking lot towards the stands and a handicap golf cart driver saw us gimping along and pulled up and told us to get on. I was going to be insulted but chose to accept the ride instead!

Right on Paul!!!
Hope you & your dad have an awesome weekend!!!
I read that some folks have won both the parking & VIP access!!!
Crossing my fingers for my race, Seattle!!!

Thanks guys, we are looking forward to heading to the track tomorrow.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back