NHRA vs NASCAR PIT ACESS (1 Viewer)

FABMAN

Nitro Member
I know this has been talked about in the past but an issue came up I thought should be mentioned.
At the SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS 400 they are offering special VIP passes that will give you access to the pits, concert, and few other things for the great deal of $500 ea. But your are required to have a grandstand seat before you can buy pass.
That shows you the best deal in auto racing is no dought NHRA, not sure how much pit pass is now, what does everyone else think?

The Spongebob Squarepants 400? Seriously?

Here in Vegas at the Oval, they built windows in the back of all the garages and sealed off that viewing area from the rest of the infield. So anyone with a ticket can walk the tunnel to the infield and walk thru the back of the garages to get a quasi-pit experience and then return to their seats in the grandstands. They even put slots in the windows so drivers can sign autographs if they choose.

We usually get 85,000-ish to the NASCAR race here, it would be chaos in the pits at a NHRA race if that many people showed up on raceday.

Behind the glass? Like at the zoo? I wonder if this ever happens while you are watching them work on the cars "through the glass"...

if you're fairly new to nhra, what passes as standard practice today on the track and in the pits is really exciting.
if you've been around nhra for many years like all of us have, it's a watered down version of it's former self on the track and in the pits.
if i ran the nhra, i mite pay attention to the fan experience out of their seat just as much in their seat. the fan is not spending money in
their seat. the nhra pit experience is a very unique profit center and IMO with the short turnarounds between qual. rounds it is under utilized, at least on friday and saturday

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back