Tf/fc Nhra Purse / National Event (1 Viewer)

Why is it always NASCAR?
Let's compare to F-1, cost to field a car vs. payout.

Alan

The investment in the race team rather it's F1,CHAMP,INDY,NASCAR or Drag Racing should take care of all expense's and owners profit. What I was referring to is how much a driver is paid for the amount of time he is in car entertaining the fans. If I understand this right a percent or all of purse pays the driver and owner. Of course this agreement will always be kept behind closed doors.:rolleyes:

F-1 has no purse, they race for a trophy.

Alan

This is incorrect....The owners share in a fund that is paid to them from F1. This fund is a portion of the TV revenues and sanction fees.

While it isn't paid out like a "purse" in NHRA or NASCAR, it is still substantial. These teams get in excess of $50,000,000 per year from it, some get upwards of $90,000,000-100,000,000. Add in sponsors, factory support, etc...This is how they raise $200,000,000+ to run these teams...

It is common for an F1 team to have 600+ employees...

It's fairly common knowledge that the Mclaren F-1 team spends.....$1 Million dollars...per DAY! before tires and fuel. Their annual budget exceeds $400 million, so comparing them with a "measly" $3 million dollar FC/TF isn't possible.

A 30-40th place Cup driver (who was released) was due a base salary of $450K, 40% of purse money and 33% of souvenir sales (where the real money is at).
A top 10 Cup driver might have a $5 million base, 45-50% purse and 33% of souvenir sales that exceed $40 mil per year.
They make more money off souvenir sales than anything else.

It's fairly common knowledge that the Mclaren F-1 team spends.....$1 Million dollars...per DAY! before tires and fuel. Their annual budget exceeds $400 million, so comparing them with a "measly" $3 million dollar FC/TF isn't possible.

A 30-40th place Cup driver (who was released) was due a base salary of $450K, 40% of purse money and 33% of souvenir sales (where the real money is at).
A top 10 Cup driver might have a $5 million base, 45-50% purse and 33% of souvenir sales that exceed $40 mil per year.
They make more money off souvenir sales than anything else.

for crying out loud.....Schumacher was getting paid $25 million the last year he drove for Ferrari.....do u think they would honestly pay that much at a loss????....i have known quite a few "racecar" drivers and have yet to meet the one that is worth $25 million for his driving skills (no offense pops and grandpops :D:D)

A comparison of the spectator admission prices at NASCAR and F-1 races to that of NHRA races should be considered. I definitely don't want to see prices go up. Look what happened to the stick and ball sports. Decent tickets are out of reach for the common man. And if he wants to take his kids...well, forget it.

Somebody must be making money or they wouldn't be doing it.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back