NHRA National Event Insurance Increase (2 Viewers)

Tumbleweed

Nitro Member
From $40.00 per event (nationally) to $95.00 per event Nationally.

I wonder if changes are on the table for discussion for the Divisions.

So on a average car count at a national event, let's say 500 cars (give or take) the insurance jumps from $20K per event to $47.5K per event which equates to a $632,500.00 increase for 23 Events.

WOWSER!!!!

Here is the link:

NHRA Driver/Event Registration

So on a average car count at a national event, let's say 500 cars (give or take) the insurance jumps from $20K per event to $47.5K per event which equates to a $632,500.00 increase for 23 Events.

WOWSER!!!!

Here is the link:

WOW Nancy, thats Compton's bonus! :eek:

So, the entry fee is up from $290 to $345 now? Do I have my numbers correct?

WOWSER!!!!

Here is the link:

You know maybe if they stopped killing people and improved the tracks the insurance premium would go down.:eek:

One death, for example Mark Niver last year, with associated emergency medical attention, death benefit, potential legal and other costs could consume that entire annual insurance fund in a heartbeat (or lack thereof). I don't know the costs of Mark's accident, but I watched it happen, and no amount of insurance is enough to cover that one.

To Double Check what I thought, I just asked a friend of mine to confirm, yes it went from $40 to $95 for 2011. He just entered Pomona and it cost him $305 to enter, that is ONLY Car & Driver, Crew is additional unless you have a Bronze, Silver or Gold Card.

To Double Check what I thought, I just asked a friend of mine to confirm, yes it went from $40 to $95 for 2011.

Hmmm, I was sure I paid $60 in insurance for the Seattle event last year. Maybe it went up mid-year last year?

TicketInv.jpg

Last edited:
One death, for example Mark Niver last year, with associated emergency medical attention, death benefit, potential legal and other costs could consume that entire annual insurance fund in a heartbeat (or lack thereof). I don't know the costs of Mark's accident, but I watched it happen, and no amount of insurance is enough to cover that one.

My message was only for information for people to have. If you want to take it somewhere that it was not meant to go, that is your choice.

In addition, We Sign WAIVERS, have you ever read that waiver? I have.........

In addition, We Sign WAIVERS, have you ever read that waiver? I have.........

I'm sorry if I took your post the wrong way.

The waiver means little when a catastrophe occurs. It just slows down a lawsuit, doesn't stop them. I'm sure the NHRA's insurance account has carried a net negative balance for as long as it's been around.

Hmmm, I was sure I paid $60 in insurance for the Seattle event last year. Maybe it went up mid-year last year?

TicketInv.jpg

Or maybe my friend misread his text in haste and he thought it read $60 when I asked about 40.

Like I said, my message was just an information only post for folks to know prior to registration that it went up.

Have a Great Day Everyone!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back