NHRA Entry Lists (1 Viewer)

smokemasterJ

Nitro Member
I think it may be time to update the NHRA database. The entry list is FUBAR! Anderson, Line, Gray are not running GXPs any more. And, don't get me started on the Pro Mod list (NHRA's ******* child apparently). Who knows what they are running -- is it turbo, nitrous, supercharged, hey we don't know. I have tried and tried to get young people interested in drag racing, but without exception they either call or email to ask, WTF? The websites all show Greg Anderson winning in his new Camaro, but the entry list says he's driving a Pontiac. Correct, and up-to-date information is the key, without it people throw in the towel and go on to other things. I shudder to think what mistakes are made in the sportsmen classes. I've said this before, and I'll say it again, I know what position, batting average, and OBP my nephew has in his little league games, and it is updated weekly.

NHRA posts the Entry Lists based on the information they are given from the teams so if you want to be mad and chastise people, then direct it at the teams. Most (if not all) of the touring teams enter for all the races at the beginning of the season, hence why the list says Anderson and Line are in GXPs. That is what THEY submitted when THEY registered for the event. Back to your regularly scheduled, nonsensical whining session.

I have tried and tried to get young people interested in drag racing, but without exception they either call or email to ask, WTF?

Really, the event entry list is the problem when it comes to getting young people interested....LOL, now I've heard it all!!! :rolleyes:

You wouldnt think too many people would be looking at the entry list and most that would ( the die hards) would be looking at car counts only and already know each drivers ride.

I have always wondering who was in charge of the web site because many times many of the features do not work right.

I for one like to look at the entry list for each class and just this past week when you click on the entry list for the next race it did not work.

For users to use any web site it has to work or they won't be back plain and simple.

How does the Summit Racing site get the round by round action up loaded faster the the NHRA's site for viewing?

I love the NHRA but in all fairness their web site needs some help.

Just my opinion. Jim

The website and the audiocast sure as hell don't leave a good impression on people. Really there isn't much to NHRA that would leave a good first impression and then we wonder why the sport is on its ass. The TV package hasn't changed since God was a baby even though the viewership numbers would cause anyone with half a business sense to make some changes. The audiocast might as well be Morse code. The only reason I put up with the hassle of trying to get onto the audiocast is because I enjoy listening to Reinhart. Getting onto the audiocast though is not always a given. So when I give up on trying to listen to a NHRA race, I go over to PGAtour.com and can watch the golf tournament live instantly, no problems at all.

It sure seems to me that NHRA must be doing alot better than I would imagine or the leadership is just content with its status quo because its hard to come up with anything they have done in the last couple years to improve the sport.

I have always wondering who was in charge of the web site because many times many of the features do not work right.

I for one like to look at the entry list for each class and just this past week when you click on the entry list for the next race it did not work.

For users to use any web site it has to work or they won't be back plain and simple.

How does the Summit Racing site get the round by round action up loaded faster the the NHRA's site for viewing?

I love the NHRA but in all fairness their web site needs some help.

Just my opinion. Jim

NHRA posts the Entry Lists based on the information they are given from the teams so if you want to be mad and chastise people, then direct it at the teams. Most (if not all) of the touring teams enter for all the races at the beginning of the season, hence why the list says Anderson and Line are in GXPs. That is what THEY submitted when THEY registered for the event. Back to your regularly scheduled, nonsensical whining session.

Thx Mike!!!

Not being a NHRA fanbois but geeze people: quit whining about every little stoopid POS that they do/don't do!!!
:mad: :rolleyes: :mad:

You wouldnt think too many people would be looking at the entry list and most that would ( the die hards) would be looking at car counts only and already know each drivers ride.

That's me Bing, I look at Car counts! What car someone runs don't mean anything to me!

anyone noticed the entry lists for the winters now have quotas?

They've always had quotas on entries, although it's more for planning with Pros and means more to the sportsman guys. The new system they show now just reflects what racers usually see when they go to register.

Sportsman guys operate nationally on a grade point system based on # races attended and performance. They release the entry times for sportsman based on these grade point standings. So a guy who has been around forever gets to register for the event before a rookie, so they have a better chance of getting a spot before the quota fills. We typically don't have a problem getting in with Alcohol or Comp just because we rarely hit our quotas.. But the Super classes tend to fill up quick.

justin, thanks for the clarification.
the quota for pros and sportsmen vary from race to race?,
the nationals has to be higher.

justin, thanks for the clarification.
the quota for pros and sportsmen vary from race to race?,
the nationals has to be higher.

Pros typically don't vary except for maybe Indy. Sportsman vary quite a bit depending on available pit space after Pros and Midway parking, as well as length of the event (# of days) and local noise curfews. A place like Pomona isn't going to have the same quota as Vegas just because even being a 4 day event, you can't so much as fire a motor before 8a.m.(9:30 on Sunday) and after 7 p.m. (6 on Sunday). NHRA takes a pretty wicked fine if it gets broken(although there have been times they've broken it because of weather). Pit space is also somewhat at a premium. Vegas could run all night as long as the track was warm enough.

They've always had quotas on entries, although it's more for planning with Pros and means more to the sportsman guys. The new system they show now just reflects what racers usually see when they go to register.

Sportsman guys operate nationally on a grade point system based on # races attended and performance. They release the entry times for sportsman based on these grade point standings. So a guy who has been around forever gets to register for the event before a rookie, so they have a better chance of getting a spot before the quota fills. We typically don't have a problem getting in with Alcohol or Comp just because we rarely hit our quotas.. But the Super classes tend to fill up quick.

What about events with Top Dragster/Top Sportsman or even Pro Mod?

What about events with Top Dragster/Top Sportsman or even Pro Mod?

TD and TS have quotas and Grade Points too from what I understand.. Pro Mod also has quotas, but isn't necessarily bound by them like the other Pros.

Same reasons for quotas are the same reasons they don't run all classes at all nationals.

I noticed on the Top Alcohol Dragster Entry List for Pomona, all the engine sizes are less than 500 Cubic Inches. Why are they all 400+ CI now?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back