topeka entry lists (1 Viewer)

mick

Nitro Member
i know the pre-race entry lists seldom hold true to actual participants,
but TF right now is at 15 with j. hartley listed.
hopefully the hartley's are still running in contrast to what i thought
i read earlier this year they were selling their equipment??

sure hope 15th and/or 16th qual. spots still pay enough to warrant
the investment and travel expense to race by some of the independent
teams?......for this race and others upcoming.

I looked at the entry list several weeks ago and Hartley was not on it. My guess is he will be there.

....Just as the NHRA Top Fuel series is getting 15-16 entries per round this year, it's the exact opposite in Australia. With a population of just 20 million, we are gearing up to our Winternationals in 2 weeks with a Top Fuel entry list of 12 cars.
It's been strange watching the ESPN broadcasts this year and seeing the 16th qualified car with a time in the 5-6 second range. You would think Powerade would be monitoring the field sizes and offering incentives for more independant teams to be present for the qualifying show. The same qualifying drama isn't there if the amount of cars is below 18 cars or thereabouts. This effects the live show as well as the TV show.
Maybe the other alternative in tougher economic times is to drop the season schedule back to say 20 events?

I spoke with Joe last week, and they WILL be there. They're hoping to be able to use their tune-up if the conditions are similar and be able to run a mid 4.60 out of the box, and then use the final three sessions for testing.

Anyone hear if the Strasburgs are supposed to tow in from Utah? Usually they have been in the TF mix at Topeka; maybe the high fuel prices have cut their travelling a bit.
Also noticed that Zizzo's team was a scratch from the entry list, assuming from their recent crash.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back