NHRA Cleaning (1 Viewer)

So I guess NHRA is dropping the suit? Seems MY paid for the first half of the season which never ran anyway.

So I guess NHRA is dropping the suit? Seems MY paid for the first half of the season which never ran anyway.
Who Knows. I really think, we will never know the hole story. Didn't NHRA have a gag order put in the suit with the Pro Stock Trucks?

I doubt it. Coke still breached their contract, regardless of how quickly NHRA was able to replace them. Obviously the new sponsor changes things though; whereas before I assume NHRA was officially seeking for Coke to honor the remainder of their contract as title sponsor (or just pay out the full amount), now the parties are probably more likely to reach some sort of settlement in short order and go their separate ways.

How does anyone here know that Coke breached the contract when no one can actually has read said contract? As with any agreement there are always out-clauses and I'm sure the lawyers will argue on that, so we don't need to.

How does anyone here know that Coke breached the contract when no one can actually has read said contract? As with any agreement there are always out-clauses and I'm sure the lawyers will argue on that, so we don't need to.
The contract has been posted and plenty of people have read it. I am not a lawyer but it reads to me that Coke violated the contract as it was written that "events outside of drag racing" can't be a reason to leave the contract. (I paraphrased that) A little Google and this case number comes up...

Case 2:20-cv-08614 Document 1 Filed 09/21/20 Page 1 of 21 Page ID #:1
Go to the Law360 link and read<g>

Bob

I'm not sure anyone here is say Coke breached the contract. But NHRA is saying that they did by filing a lawsuit. ;)

Not only by filing a lawsuit but by not making the winners drink the Mellow Yellow horse piss, giving them Powerade instead which is Coke but not Mellow Yellow. Just saying.

The contract has been posted and plenty of people have read it. I am not a lawyer but it reads to me that Coke violated the contract as it was written that "events outside of drag racing" can't be a reason to leave the contract. (I paraphrased that) A little Google and this case number comes up...

Bob
Gotcha, didn't realize the contract was posted, sorry.

Only the lawsuit is online, and only pieces of the contract that NHRA is suing over. None of us have seen the NHRA/Coca Cola contract and I am sure it is many pages long. It would be very surprising if the contract does not contain a "Force Majeure" clause in it. I doubt that a corporation as large as Coke wouldn't have that clause in it.
I wonder what the PRO classes payout is going to be. Hopefully it's more than what it has been in the past.

I would think a lawsuit or not, the contract must be followed to the end of 2020. Doug Kalitta could be the last Mello Yello Champion. I do not believe Camping World could just take over immediately because of the contract and especially with an open legal case.

Last edited:
Only the lawsuit is online, and only pieces of the contract that NHRA is suing over. None of us have seen the NHRA/Coca Cola contract and I am sure it is many pages long. It would be very surprising if the contract does not contain a "Force Majeure" clause in it. I doubt that a corporation as large as Coke wouldn't have that clause in it.
I wonder what the PRO classes payout is going to be. Hopefully it's more than what it has been in the past.

oops, yes the lawsuit is, the contract isn't! But there is mention of a "Force Majeure" clause.

Apologies, you were talking contract I was talking lawsuit in regards to contract. My bad!

I would think a lawsuit or not, the contract must be followed to the end of 2020. Doug Kalitta could be the last Mello Yello Champion. I do not believe Camping World could just take over immediately because of the contract and especially with an open legal case.
It was announced on Sunday that Camping World was taking over IMMEDIATELY. NHRA started taking down all the Mello Yello stuff at Dallas this week. If you look on the NHRA site it says Camping World Championship Series, no Mello Yello anywhere.

Bob
Is that the contract or a summary for the lawsuit filing?

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back