NHRA AllAccess - Top End Audio (1 Viewer)

Jim

Nitro Member
Not a substantial complaint but, maybe someone knows why driver interviews after their run are not picked up by AllAccess - Is it a FOX TV thing? Seems to me there was always an interviewer for TrackVision (or whatever the big screen is called) and one done by the TV guys. It's odd because the guys in the AllAccess booth (the track guys, no?) always throw it to the top end - Lips move but, no sound.

As an aside, when Force was talking (you know he was doing the sponsor spiel) background engine Audio seemed synched with the movement of his lips = Funny - LOOKED LIKE HE WAS MAKING MOTOR SOUNDS(to me anyway - I'm easily AMUSED).

Not a substantial complaint but, maybe someone knows why driver interviews after their run are not picked up by AllAccess - Is it a FOX TV thing? Seems to me there was always an interviewer for TrackVision (or whatever the big screen is called) and one done by the TV guys. It's odd because the guys in the AllAccess booth (the track guys, no?) always throw it to the top end - Lips move but, no sound.

As an aside, when Force was talking (you know he was doing the sponsor spiel) background engine Audio seemed synched with the movement of his lips = Funny - LOOKED LIKE HE WAS MAKING MOTOR SOUNDS(to me anyway - I'm easily AMUSED).

Jim, the All Access and FS1 shows are done by the NHRA's own in house production team headed up by the incomparable (sic) Ken Adelson.
So your right, why isn't one the same as the other?

I can answer that since I was operating the All Access stream last weekend in Phoenix. We use the track PA feeds as part of the show. We were not receiving the top end mic feed from the tower to insert into the stream. That was fixed overnight and available on Sunday. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jim, the All Access and FS1 shows are done by the NHRA's own in house production team headed up by the incomparable (sic) Ken Adelson.
So your right, why isn't one the same as the other?
Jim is correct in that the "big screen" production is separate from the Fox / NHRA production, although both share some but not all resources.

I can answer that since I was operating the All Access stream last weekend in Phoenix. We use the track PA feeds as part of the show. We were not receiving the top end mic feed from the tower to insert into the stream. That was fixed overnight and available on Sunday. Sorry for the inconvenience.
ALL AUDIO SUCKS. I can enumerate the things that imo need a lot of improvement. With out them I will not reup next season although I love the stuff Fox doesn't cover ( right now only reason I'm hanging in)
P. S. I want Thursdays

I would say that this weekends all access was the best in quite a while. First nice to have roku up and running, second it was good mixture of cars running and the computer screen (such as TD qualifying), last other than a few sound glitches the audio was mixed better with the cars and the announcer volume. Keep up the good work and keep improving the product, make my weekend working in the shop fly by.

ALL AUDIO SUCKS. I can enumerate the things that imo need a lot of improvement. With out them I will not reup next season although I love the stuff Fox doesn't cover ( right now only reason I'm hanging in)
P. S. I want Thursdays
Al, I would've gladly paid the $140 AUS to take up All Access again, if...........you could hear the cars and the VOD's were posted after each round/class ASAP not a week later. The All Access offer is way below par. A 2hr VOD from last year that said nothing but RAIN DELAY proves it.
Compare Bangshift's feed from the Bakersfield March Meet to that of No Access.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back