Nhra 600-inch Pro Stock? (1 Viewer)

RE: Carb/Gas Funny Cars...

I'm with GA on this, but I'd take it farther... No limit on C.I.D. and give them the Lencos back...

Nothing is Stock about Pro Stock... hasn't been in close to 36 years...

We have: Tube Frames, Non-production engines, altered wheelbases, Carbon fiber bodies, non-production induction... Funny Cars, think we went down this road in the mid to late 60's... which is why the Pro Stock class was formed, based on the A/MP class...

Time for another 'do-over'... A/FX, S/XS, FC, P/S... I see the IHRA made the Pro-mod crowd use classic bodies so people can tell the difference between P/S and P/M....

just my buck ninety five on the whole thing, just run what ya brung and hope you brung enuff...

d'kid
been there, saw that, got the tee shirt...

Keep the engines the same size but let them have efi. You could also cut the minimun weight by a couple of hundred pounds, that would be as good as giving them more inches.

What are the thoughts on the e.t.'s of 1-16 widening drastically, & the field being less competitive if the cubes were bumped up 100 or more?

Well guys if you want stock, such as stock block, EFI, small block motors, then you already have it. Called Competition Eliminator , and i think we all know how expensive that is. I think the best deal for Pro Stock is to let them run the mountain motors and that would bring more competition to the sport (NHRA AND IHRA) and it would be exciting to watch.

Also let see what the Force boys, Johnsons, etc. could do with a 800CID blown or turbo charged on gas in Funny car, that would be very cool.

WHAT DO THE MATER GUYS AND GALS THINK

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back