New Rush (2 Viewers)

Third song in and it's ... what I was hoping it would be. Heavy and technical. The only complaint I have is that it is too compressed. But one cannot avoid compression in today's music. Loudness won in the The Loudness Wars. I miss the mixes one got up to and including the 80s/early 90s.

Last edited:
How could I forget? This is a CONCEPT album. We haven't seen one of those from Rush since, say, the 1970s (first side of 2112, first side of Hemispheres)

I love the fact that these guys have been jamming for close to 40 years without any drama, or extended leaves of absence (unlike a few big name bands I'll not mention). The only exception is when Neil took time off because his daughter and wife died within one year of each other. That was tough, as was painstakingly clear if you read The Ghost Rider

The artwork is cool, but I don't... I just don't get steam punk. To hipster for my taste...

I can see where you're coming from. I guess I am just a Hugh Syme fan, the stuff that he has done for Nevermore and Dream Theater is more in the vein of Dave McKean, but a bit more mechanical.

Last edited:
I can see where you're coming from. I guess I am just a Hugh Syme fan, the stuff that he has done for Nevermore and Dream Theater is more in the vein of Dave McKean, but a bit more mechanical.

Oh, I like Hugh Syme too. My favorite album cover for Rush is for Signals.

Did you know that Hugh was the one that came up with the synth sounds at the beginning of the song 2112?

If you get a chance, watch Classic Albums: 2112 and Moving Pictures. I have the DVD. They cover some neat stuff. If I ever meet up with you, I'll let you borrow it...

Its on Netflix now... Pretty cool stuff- the wardrobe cases probably took up more truck space than the lights did...:D

Just talked to Howard... You're gonna LOVE the new stage set ;)

I wouldn't be surprised if it is like the Time Machine tour's stage set, which was pretty cool
despite me being somewhat ambivalent about steampunk. Actually, I don't mind steam so
much as I mind how hipsters have taken to it. If you can't tell, I really dislike hipsters.
They're crawling all over the west side of Providence, where I work and live, and I want to
punch them...

I wouldn't be surprised if it is like the Time Machine tour's stage set, which was pretty cool
despite me being somewhat ambivalent about steampunk. Actually, I don't mind steam so
much as I mind how hipsters have taken to it. If you can't tell, I really dislike hipsters.
They're crawling all over the west side of Providence, where I work and live, and I want to
punch them...
...Sounds like the whole of Portland, Maine...and I am with you!...

2012-11-25180710.jpg

Nice pic Martin!!!
Where???
I took a couple phone pics but there not really good!

Very, very nice guy and he works his ass off as much as the 3/11 on stage! I got almost as much enjoyment watching him as I did watching the stage!!!

Best 1 or 2 Rush shows that I've seen (15 total, I think since '81)!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back