***new-Irwindale Speedway cancels 2012 schedule? (1 Viewer)

The Little Lizard

Nitro Member
The prominent sports reporting Agency ESPN is reporting that the 2012 Irwindale Speedway, California Season is canceled, at web-link:

Struggling Irwindale Speedway cancels season - ESPN Los Angeles

***NOTE Irwindale had an NHRA Sanctioned Drag Strip

UPDATE 1/20/2013***GREAT NEWS-IRWINDALE HAS A NEW OPERATOR AND HAS BEEN NASCAR RESANCTIONED FOR 2013 AND WILL RUN A FULL SCHEDULE AGAIN.
ADDITIONALLY, THE LITTLE 1/8 MILE DRAG STRIP RECENTLY REOPENED AS WELL WITH NEW MANAGEMENT*****

:(

Last edited:
Irwindale Speedway was run into the ground by Bob DeFazio and Lester Boyer.
They can blame the economy all they want, but the fact is their direction and leadership, is and was the reason for the failure.

One thing they can't say is the racers and others who knew better never tried to warn them.
They plowed full steam ahead anyway and killed it.

I saw that on Facebook and couldn't believe it...yet another track closed!

The track is closed, there is still a driving school operating there (LA Driving Experience) nothing has been dug up, the pitside spotters grandstand is gone, the grandstands are still up at the dragstrip, the management is gone.

It ain't over yet.

I can't remember an off season when so many tracks closed. A group in Medford OR is working to come up with an idea to save their track after the promoter walked.

I was listening to the Sirius Nascar channel the other day and they said Tony Stewart is interested in buying the track. We will see......

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back