***BREAKING-Irwindale Speedway LLC files Chapter 7 Bankruptcy (1 Viewer)

Yeah, we get it Mark. Track is closed for now. Got it.

You live 300 miles away and your 15 year old, brand new dragster has never turned a tire. Go run Sac. before it's too late.

Last edited:
Yeah, we get it Mark. Track is closed for now. Got it.

You live 300 miles away and your 15 year old, brand new dragster has never turned a tire. Go run Sac. before it's too late.

Unfortunately, your information is incorrect. What is your address down there Bill? Why don't you drop me a line it would be nice to hear from you!;):):D

Last edited:
Chaper 7 seems an odd tactic (Unless the folks operating the track just aren't interested in it anymore). Certainly limits current management's options.

Maybe somebody (other than a car dealer wishing to expand his lot or something) will buy it. It's a legacy name, no?

Well we can all be thankful that Chowchilla will be available to take Irwindale's place.:rolleyes:

I'm optimistic that something will get worked out.

Chaper 7 seems an odd tactic (Unless the folks operating the track just aren't interested in it anymore). Certainly limits current management's options.

Maybe somebody (other than a car dealer wishing to expand his lot or something) will buy it. It's a legacy name, no?

Jim,

Irwindale Speedway LLC is the management group that runs the track, they leased the property and have filed for bankruptcy.

Nu-Way Industries Inc. is the company owning the property where the track and offices sit. Nu-Way Industries Inc. has not indicated that the property is for sale, yet.

THAT'S encouraging.
Hope they can move fast to bring in a solid operator.

Me too! But, it seems they may have competition from the new soon to be completed 1/2 NASCAR SANCTIONED OVAL AT KERN COUNTY RACEWAY PARK, BAKERSFIELD CALIFORNIA WHICH SHOULD RELEASE ITS NEW RACING RULES NEXT WEEK FOR LATE MODEL OVAL TRACK RACING ON THEIR 1/2 MILE OVAL-PRACTICE COULD START IN AUGUST AND FIRST RACE MAY BE IN OCTOBER OR NOVEMBER 2012 PER THE MENTION BY THE PROMINENT CENTRAL VALLEY NEWS AGENCY, THE BAKERSFIELD CALIFORNIAN ON THE CLOSING OF IRWINDALE SPEEDWAY, AT WEB-LINK:

Irwindale Raceway closing no surprise - Bakersfield.com

P.S. sorry of the upper case letters cut and paste from my facebook postings.

;):)

Me too! But, it seems they may have competition from the new soon to be completed 1/2 NASCAR SANCTIONED OVAL AT KERN COUNTY RACEWAY PARK
;):)

Mark, the reality is that the existence of Kern County Raceway and Irwindale Raceway would have no effect on each other. Kind of like the way that Irwindale 1/8 mile NEVER effected Auto Club Raceway @ Pomona, Auto Club Dragway in Fontana and Auto Club Famoso Raceway.

Southern California could use waaayyy more drag strips!

Mark, the reality is that the existence of Kern County Raceway and Irwindale Raceway would have no effect on each other. Kind of like the way that Irwindale 1/8 mile NEVER effected Auto Club Raceway @ Pomona, Auto Club Dragway in Fontana and Auto Club Famoso Raceway.

Ya.., maybe? It's has no effect or provides no competition until of course it has an effect and their is competition. ;):):D

Hey Lizard, I heard a dragstrip will be included at Kern River Raceway Park. Anyone know if that's true or not?

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back