New Instinct phone? (1 Viewer)

You!

Nitro Member
Has anyone bought one yet and if so, what do you think of it thus far? My current phone is fine but it's two years old and ancient in this world we now live in!

Sprint is really pushing me towards this phone but like everything else, it has way more features than I really need. Any input from actual owners of this phone will be very much appreciated.

I've been keeping my eye on the reports. I will consider getting the 2nd or 3rd generation I believe. :)

Hey Bill, we have a whole subforum on the Instinct at the Sprint forum I am a moderator on. You would be overwhelmed with the amount of info there is on there.

I dunno if I'm allowed to post a link to the site but if you Google my username over there (Quill) and Sprint I'm sure you'll find it. :)

Good luck in your search.

Hey Bill, we have a whole subforum on the Instinct at the Sprint forum I am a moderator on. You would be overwhelmed with the amount of info there is on there.

I dunno if I'm allowed to post a link to the site but if you Google my username over there (Quill) and Sprint I'm sure you'll find it. :)

Good luck in your search.

Yeah, thanks for that link Kris. The flipshot seemed like a good phone until they told me what my price would be, then I figured I could wait :).

Until then, they'll just have to keep exchanging my old model until I get an LG that likes me and can withstand multiple drops.

What ever happened to the day's of the ....

...Pick up the phone....
...Dial the number....
...wait for the person in the box to whisper sweet nothings into your ear...
...and Talk back??????????

I am SO OUT OF THIS LOOP...!:confused: What the hell is the INSTINCT Phone? I know what an I Phone is.... but what is this Hot new Toy?:eek:

What ever happened to the day's of the ....

...Pick up the phone....
...Dial the number....
...wait for the person in the box to whisper sweet nothings into your ear...
...and Talk back??????????

I am SO OUT OF THIS LOOP...!:confused: What the hell is the INSTINCT Phone? I know what an I Phone is.... but what is this Hot new Toy?:eek:

Timmah, I'm not sure a Red Sox fan could understand. Stick with your brick phone.:D:D

You're welcome, Jenn. :) Good luck with the phones. Verizon has great deals once you're eligible for upgrade pricing. You just have to wait.

As for the Instinct, I have not yet played with one, but it is a hugely popular device on SprintUsers where I have the great misfortune of being a mod. Or perhaps it is the great misfortune of the members. Heh.

I dunno, I have an iPhone, and I just don't think they even compare based on what I've read and the videos I've seen of the Instinct.

The fact that Sprint and Samsung cooperated to build the UI/OS from the ground up is worrisome to me considering how even a little bit of carrier software interference can severely bork a phone and ruin its usability.
But, it all depends on what you're looking for in a phone.

It just depends on what you want from a phone.

There's a Reviews section on SprintUsers, too, and there's some Instinct reviews there that might be worth perusing.

I also am a fan of scoping out user reviews on amazon.com (if available) and cnet.com. Like I told Jenn when she asked about the Flipshot on Verizon I find that user reviews offer insights that those geeks who write editorial reviews don't because those geeks forget most people just want a phone that does a few basic things well.

Another good thing to do is to go to a store and play with one. Nothing better than a little hands on experience. :D

The guy sitting next to me on Sunday at the Seattle race had an Instinct. I was laughing to myself because he hadn't taken off any of the protective cling stickers. I have no idea how he was even using the phone since he probably couldn't even see the icons on the screen. :p

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back