New England being sold? (1 Viewer)

this should have a direction within the next couple of weeks....lets all keep our fingers crossed

completely agree. and you are rite when nhra loses a nat. event track, there are others waiting in line to step up, but what is potentially bad is if a region of the country loses
an event and there is no replacement in the area, and there are a few of those tracks on the tour.
Absolutely true. There's no existing track large enough and physically capable of hosting a national event in the Ny, Nj, Ct, Ma, Vt, NH area if NED goes away. That's a pretty large market to just turn off the lights on and totally abandon.

Absolutely true. There's no existing track large enough and physically capable of hosting a national event in the Ny, Nj, Ct, Ma, Vt, NH area if NED goes away. That's a pretty large market to just turn off the lights on and totally abandon.
well, at least reading is somewhat close. NE dragway does show one thing though, that nhra does not need zmax or vegas quality facilities to host a nat. event. it may not be ideal,
but it can work. still amazed joliet is off the schedule. divisional and national.

well, at least reading is somewhat close. NE dragway does show one thing though, that nhra does not need zmax or vegas quality facilities to host a nat. event. it may not be ideal,
but it can work. still amazed joliet is off the schedule. divisional and national.
True, could not see the grove (been there over 20 times over the years and love the place) getting a second national event. And MG was for sale last year, don't know what the status of that situation is these days. Hoping NED survives a while longer.

True, could not see the grove (been there over 20 times over the years and love the place) getting a second national event. And MG was for sale last year, don't know what the status of that situation is these days. Hoping NED survives a while longer.
I believe MG is still for sale and they will sell to anybody who wants it. Imo want way to much for it,needs alot of updating,esp the 1950s bathroom chicken coops lol

I believe MG is still for sale and they will sell to anybody who wants it. Imo want way to much for it,needs alot of updating,esp the 1950s bathroom chicken coops lol
They are trying to sell Maple Grove as a drag strip and business. That limits the number of potential buyers. And yes, it does need a lot of updating.

You know there is more than MG that needs bathroom facility upgrades. My wife still talks about the "Honey Buckets" in Seattle, even though she hasn't come with me in many years. It is something that is important, especially for the ladies, and is not addressed enough in my opinion. I believe Billy Meyer built the Motorplex because a sponsor was disgusted about the bathroom situation at a race track he went to see Meyer race at.

They are trying to sell Maple Grove as a drag strip and business. That limits the number of potential buyers. And yes, it does need a lot of updating.
MG is about the polar opposite of Zmax! But I always like going there. I remember the first time going there, and parking by a giant empty swimming pool that is part of the camp facilities. I was like what the heck!? Then going and being directed to park by the old school (which I believe actually was a one-room schoolhouse!) I was like what the heck!? Anyway, I really do like going there and it's in a pretty spot. It reminds me of going to a NASCAR race at North Wilkesboro in the early '90s - both places of prior eras.

Glad NED is staying open. I used to see funny car match races there in the 80s - great fun.

MG is about the polar opposite of Zmax! But I always like going there.

Maple Grove could be a great track but it does need to upgrade some of its facilities. A few weeks ago, I wrote in another thread that if drag racing wants to increase attendance, tracks must upgrade their restroom facilities. Baseball learned in the 1950s and 60s that if it wanted to attract women as spectators, it had to provide clean, well-lit restrooms. Men don't think of it the same because most of the time we can just stand up and not have to touch anything. If men had to sit down every time we went inside a track restroom, we might feel differently.

I have been fortunate in that every time I have been to Maple Grove, I have been in the tower and able to use the restrooms inside.

If New England is sold like Atlanta and Houston might NHRA go back to Memphis? Chicago ?
San Antonio has a former IHRA track that could take the Houston date.

Would be cool to see the San Antonio track take the place of Houston, altho it would have to be enlarged some to hold the crowds & parking. That track is in Marion, just N of San Antonio, I think. Alamo Motorplex? If that is the same track, I used to hear radio ads for it when I was in basic training at Lackland in San Antonio, 1964. I'm thinking it's one of the better tracks in Texas for 1/4 mile, altho they hold a lot of 1/8 mile. Sean Bellemuer has raced there with the funny car & said it was a good track.

If NHRA would ever hold an 1/8 mile race, Xtreme Raceway in Ferris (S of Dallas) is a great 1/8 mile track. I really hated Houston closing. Had a chance to go there a few years ago, & made a hugh impression on me.

Is it one person per share, so 556 people voted total? Or are there principal shareholders who own many shares?
423 yes 78 no 7 abstain = 508 shares, each share gets a vote, some shareholders have multiple shares. I believe in the beginning they were allocated up to 6 shares each if wanted. They can only transferred to family or sold back to the track/Corporation.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back