New caddy CTS-V official specs out: M5 and E63 who? (2 Viewers)

Nah, it was the year before they came out with the Stow-N-Go, but it's a feature that I would want.

There is just something in those cars that people would rather pay more money for Sam. Doesn't mean they are idiots, just means that their discretionary income is higher.

Yeah - the Lexus badge. And of course, if they have the money for it, then they can waste it on whatever they want.

BTW, people who listen to my ribs on Lexus owners always wander who I don't rib on people who buy Escalades instead of Tahoes. I simply say, "The Tahoe isn't available with the 6.2L or 22's." :D

2009 Cadillac CTS-V: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V Specs Made Official, Gets 556 HP

556hp, 0-60 in 3.9 seconds and a quarter mile time of 12 flat. What's that sound I hear? M5 and E63 owners getting pissed off. ;)

Would love to put a set a drag radials on and go to a bracket race and shock all the souped-up Mustang and Camaro guys! After all, if it runs 12 flat stock high 11's are possible with a couple of bolt-ons.

Oh, and they're making a coupe version. :D

I think the M5 and E63 will out perform the Caddy on the highway. Better handling at high speeds, especially when changing lanes at 80+:D

Are you sure they're not 20's? Oh and I just noticed that Chevy has added the 6.2L as an option on the LTZ trim.

I'm pretty sure English knows what is on his lot, and GM offers several wheel choices now as a factory option, with some 20's and 22's. And I have seen a Tahoe and Yukon with factory 22's, and I would guarantee I am sure they are 22's.

I'm pretty sure English knows what is on his lot, and GM offers several wheel choices now as a factory option, with some 20's and 22's. And I have seen a Tahoe and Yukon with factory 22's, and I would guarantee I am sure they are 22's.

If he has Tahoes with 22's then they must have been special order as I went to Chevy's website and on the "build your own" page the biggest available are 20's. :confused:

Sam, white diamond tahoes come with 20" that can be upgraded to 22". Also, the 22 option is called a VPA and is done when the dealer orders the truck. Not sure if its in their website. If not, it should be.:)

Last edited:
Sam, white diamond tahoes come with 20" that can be upgraded to 22". Also, the 22 option is called a VPA and is done when the dealer orders the truck. Not sure if its in their website. If not, it should be.:)

I believe that I've seen the 22" wheels in a GM accessory catalog as well....maybe from one of the rep's that I deal with???

Last edited:
Well GM is shooting themselves in the foot by letting people get the 22's on the Tahoe, because then there is no reason to get an Escalade, might as well get a Tahoe and save 10 grand....

Well GM is shooting themselves in the foot by letting people get the 22's on the Tahoe, because then there is no reason to get an Escalade, might as well get a Tahoe and save 10 grand....

Gee Sam, you really think this stuff out, don't ya....

Last edited:

Sam, I'm under the impression that you have major jealously issues on people who decide to spend THEIR own money on what THEY want.

Sam, I'm under the impression that you have major jealously issues on people who decide to spend THEIR own money on what THEY want.

Gee Jenn, I was thinking myself of picking up an older Porsche, but I might as well use Sam's logic and go buy a VW instead......:rolleyes:

Gee Jenn, I was thinking myself of picking up an older Porsche, but I might as well use Sam's logic and go buy a VW instead......:rolleyes:

Really, I mean, why get something that you WANT, something that you think you might ENJOY, if you can just settle for a CHEAPER item, so somebody who has an ax to grind doesn't feel bad about driving around his Sable.

Last edited:
Really, I mean, why get something that you WANT, something that you think you might ENJOY, if you can just settle for a CHEAPER item, so somebody who has an ax to grind doesn't feel bad about driving around his his Sable.

SABLE??? I mean he probably could have saved $2000 by buying the Taurus instead........:D

First off the Sable is the same price as a Taurus, and how do you know the type of car I drive anyway?

BTW, I don't have an axe to grind against people who want to drive the cars of their choosing. I'm just thinking of practical terms, after all, is a Tahoe really that much less in Luxury (especially in LTZ trim) than an Escalade?

BTW Porsche's are cool cars, so are VW's especially the new Jetta TDI: 240 ft/lbs and nearly 60mpg.

First off the Sable is the same price as a Taurus, and how do you know the type of car I drive anyway?

BTW, I don't have an axe to grind against people who want to drive the cars of their choosing. I'm just thinking of practical terms, after all, is a Tahoe really that much less in Luxury (especially in LTZ trim) than an Escalade?

BTW Porsche's are cool cars, so are VW's especially the new Jetta TDI: 240 ft/lbs and nearly 60mpg.

Boy, you crack me up.....

As far as I'm concerned, VW produces junk. We fix way to many of them, especially Beetles.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back