New caddy CTS-V official specs out: M5 and E63 who? (1 Viewer)

2009 Cadillac CTS-V: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V Specs Made Official, Gets 556 HP

556hp, 0-60 in 3.9 seconds and a quarter mile time of 12 flat. What's that sound I hear? M5 and E63 owners getting pissed off. ;)

Would love to put a set a drag radials on and go to a bracket race and shock all the souped-up Mustang and Camaro guys! After all, if it runs 12 flat stock high 11's are possible with a couple of bolt-ons.

Oh, and they're making a coupe version. :D

Same engine that is in the new ZR1 Vette.

I have posted this in other threads, but I will say it again: enjoy it while it lasts. These are the last days for big horsepower gasoline cars as we know it.

The difference is, legislation wasn't passed back then to squeeze high-performance cars out of the market. The recent law that states all cars must get a minimum 35mpg hwy by 2020 will only leave room for hybrids and subcompacts.

The difference is, legislation wasn't passed back then to squeeze high-performance cars out of the market. The recent law that states all cars must get a minimum 35mpg hwy by 2020 will only leave room for hybrids and subcompacts.
There was legislation in the '70's that mandated cleaner emissions..which hosed the muscle car. Along with soaring gas prices.

Why not just drive a stock Vette that can still outrun almost anything on the road and build some race cars for the weekend? I'm really puzzled by the need for 500+ HP on the street to travel from light to light? Isn't this just compensating for something?

Why not just drive a stock Vette that can still outrun almost anything on the road and build some race cars for the weekend? I'm really puzzled by the need for 500+ HP on the street to travel from light to light? Isn't this just compensating for something?

Why must a guy be "compensating for something" just because he wants something nice? I can understand if a guy gets a dually and never tows anything with it but this fits the niche of "luxury hot rod."

Not too often you hear "556hp," "0-60 in 3.9 seconds" and "Cadillac" in one sentence. :D

Why must a guy be "compensating for something" just because he wants something nice? I can understand if a guy gets a dually and never tows anything with it but this fits the niche of "luxury hot rod."

Not too often you hear "556hp," "0-60 in 3.9 seconds" and "Cadillac" in one sentence. :D
I understand what you are saying. I only was making the point that there is really no place to use such power and speed legally-hence the reason for the compensation comment.
IMG_0508.jpg

I did get a kick out of your dually comment however.
Vettes2.jpg

Oh, by the way, we compensate.

Bobby, where'd that little Nova go?

Oh wait, I see it hiding a little further back.

Come on Sam. Have you never seen an unblown injected Enderle Bird-catcher at the races?
I love the looks of them. :cool: Rich Bailey ran one for a long time when his car wasn't blown and it's still on there since he added the supercharger a couple years ago.

That's just called ignorance, Jenn.

If someone wants to buy for example an ES350 knowing full well he's paying $10-15K over a Camry (the same car) just for a little better audio system and the Lexus badge, then great. If the same person buys an ES350 thinking somehow he has a unique car and gets pissed off when someone breaks the news to him that he could have gotten a loaded Camry for $10-15K less, then he's a moron.

That's just called ignorance, Jenn.

If someone wants to buy for example an ES350 knowing full well he's paying $10-15K over a Camry (the same car) just for a little better audio system and the Lexus badge, then great. If the same person buys an ES350 thinking somehow he has a unique car and gets pissed off when someone breaks the news to him that he could have gotten a loaded Camry for $10-15K less, then he's a moron.

It's called having the means and desire to buy/own the higher end model. They aren't idiots because they can afford the higher price. I have a Chrysler Town and Country, a Dodge Grand Caravan was a 5 thousand bucks cheaper, but that's not the point, the point is, I wanted a the few features that the T&C offered (like the better audio system) and since I had the means, I bought it. I do not regret the purchase, I never see a Dodge GC that I would trade the T&C for, even though it's the same platform.

I'd buy the Town & Country over the Dodge version as well, the Dodge version looks "cheap." Does your van have the "Stow and go?"

ETA: The reason why I rib on Lexus owners the most is because Lexus does not do enough to differentiate their models from the cheaper Toyota platform-mates yet charge like they actually are unique vehicles yet people fall for it and get pissed when I tell them the truth about their vehicle. The ES350's only advantage is a better audio system and possibly better seats but is it really worth $10-15K extra over a Camry? Same with the RX350 (Highlander with new skin), the GX470 (Fourrunner with new skin) and the LX570 (Toyota Lancruiser with different headlights for an extra $20K dollars). For the record, the Toyota Avalon is actually better than the ES350 AND cheaper. It's the only Toyota I would buy (I mean it has reclining rear seats!), but it loses sales to Lexus because it doesn't have the badge.

And I no longer rib people who buy Acuras, because all the new Acuras are no longer rebadged Hondas, they're actually unique vehicles. Same with Infiniti (except for the QX56, they need to drop it).

Last edited:
I'd buy the Town & Country over the Dodge version as well, the Dodge version looks "cheap." Does your van have the "Stow and go?"

Nah, it was the year before they came out with the Stow-N-Go, but it's a feature that I would want.

There is just something in those cars that people would rather pay more money for Sam. Doesn't mean they are idiots, just means that their discretionary income is higher.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back