new Bentley? (1 Viewer)

Even though NHRA is an not-for-profit organization people still pull paychecks from it. If you look at the pay scale for ANY corporations executives they can afford one of these for each day of the week. The CEO for the company I work for make MILLIONS a year and that's before another MIL or two in stock options and performance awards.

I personally don't see where it's an issue, or any of our business for that matter.

Here here! Let him get plastered and drive it into someone's house for all I care?

smilielol5.gif

OMG it's been 10 minutes since I read this and I'm still laughing....

You sir, are awesome!

Hey, he can drive whatever he wants.

Bentley seems to be the glitzy high-profile Los Angeles car this year (wouldn't have been my choice).
Whether he's deserving of the salary - who knows - my problem is the sweet deal he worked with HD Partners. He's 'gonna do O.K. with the new deal whether he continues in his job or not. I'm always troubled when the individual(s) who have a duty to get the best deal for the stakeholders are rewarded handsomely by the the acquirers. Seem to me an obvious conflict of interest.
:confused:

The way I read the original post is that if the higher ups at NHRA are paid so well that they can afford a Bentley,why can't NHRA put some of that same money back into the sport itself,instead of some mega buck salary??

I believe he should only be able to drive it for 17 weeks then the should reset the employees there. Hopefully this way the secretary and shipping clerk will feel like they have an opportunity to drive such a nice vehicle. Also I would find it very exciting and entertaining to see someone else driving the car.:D

wow that was actually therapuetic

The way I read the original post is that if the higher ups at NHRA are paid so well that they can afford a Bentley,why can't NHRA put some of that same money back into the sport itself,instead of some mega buck salary??

The same way the president of the United Way made 2+million last year. Charities/Non-profit organizations have to pay their top dogs the same as what they could (in their same position) make at any other company. This is how they attract people who can generate income for the cause.

Now whether or not this individual earned it or not is none of my business.

Not saying I agree with it.....that's just the way the corporate world is.

Last edited:
I believe he should only be able to drive it for 17 weeks then the should reset the employees there. Hopefully this way the secretary and shipping clerk will feel like they have an opportunity to drive such a nice vehicle. Also I would find it very exciting and entertaining to see someone else driving the car.:D

wow that was actually therapuetic

:eek:ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That could only have come from you, PJ!!! :D:D

Doesn't he earn between $400 and $500K ?
I thought that was the publically disclosed figure. That is certainly not outrageous - even in a not-for-prifit situation. If you don't believe me, check you local community hospital.

My "dead horse" is the acquisition enrichment. I suspect that future payday - the instant millionaire stock grant - is what made him think he could afford a nice trinket.

maybe his spouse/significant other contributed to the purchase/lease?? :p

It's not our business.

Saw a convertible Bentley here in PA last week (rare for this area)....beeeeutiful car!!

I`d roll it, Bentley builds a very nice car... I`d probably go for the Continental GTC if I was signing the check

If he can afford it or at least the bank will let him sign for it, go for it. I am sure there are plenty of racers that have more then a Bentley of $$$$ tied up in their operations and I doubt anybody would think that was wrong.

Here here! Let him get plastered and drive it into someone's house for all I care?

Wow Bobby, I would never expect you to make such a statement. This seems to be really out of character for someone who has such a high stature. Anyway, I do not think this topic is any of our business. Fire away....

Wow Bobby, I would never expect you to make such a statement. This seems to be really out of character for someone who has such a high stature. Anyway, I do not think this topic is any of our business. Fire away....
Some handle humor better than others. My point is he's human and so am I. It's definitely nothing that hasn't been done before so I speak from historical content for accuracy. If I offended you, I sincerely apologize however I fully expected you to start scrutinizing my posts as you now are. I hope you take the time to comment on all of them rather than being selective since most will be found unoffensive or abrasive in any way and your compliments will also flow freely.
I've learned to use humor from time to time. It does the soul good.

I wonder what Wally drove? I imagine he would never be "flashing" a Bentley while racers in the community are struggling to find corporate $$$ because the cost of racing vs race winnings payouts has become so lopsided. Yes, he does get a paycheck and can do what he wants, but lets not forget where that money comes from...the racers and the fans. Without those he would be "Pimpin a Kia":p

Bobby, what you said was funny as hell!!:D I'm still laughing!!!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back