New 330' drag strip (1 Viewer)

Well, maybe Bob has a great idea here. Driveway Drags. Yeah, hafta have a long driveway w/ room to stop and a penalty for hitting the mail box. Mufflers so the neighbors don't get too ticked off. Maybe invite the neighbors over for Lunch & a Brew. Little side betting and.......
Keeping it off the streets, I like it! :)

Has was going less than 160 mph at the finish line. He could have coasted around the corner. However, it looks like the back tires may have locked up and stayed that way through to the hit and after. Can't tell for sure on my tiny laptop screen.

I think what I find most odd about this is that the property appears to have space for a 1/8th mile, at least from google earth. who knows if its all flat.
View attachment 13606

No it doesn't have enough usable area for an 1/8th mile. Most all of you are completely missing the point of this new feature to the PAS.

I think a better question is are there any discussion to move the drag strip at Fontana, California Speedway, back to the south side of the property where it was originally? NASCAR built the fan experience deal 200' north of the racing surface. Plenty of room to re-establish the 1/4 mile which wasn't bothering anyone until they moved it to the now sold off north portion of the property.

1696048914691.png

Last edited:
We had a Drag Strip in front of our House Back in 1964. Cleavland High School in Reseda Ca was a half mile down on the same street as our house (Van Alden). My wife calls me one day and says there are some Kids painting a white stripe across the street in front of our house Between the Neighbors driveway and our property. When I got home sure enough there was a white stripe the width of a paint roller all the way across the street. Went down to the main cross street where there was a stop sign and it was 2 1/2 10th's from the stop sign to the stripe. This was on a Thursday. Next Monday the City sent a crew and somehow scrubbed it off. One of the neighbors must have figured it out and called in. I was for putting chairs in the front yard and selling refreshments but my wife didn't think it was funny. The kids still knew where it was and there was Drags two wide on a 40 foot wide street from time to time.

Roger, I was a Cavalier (class of '82) and has a '67 Mustang fastback with a 351 Cleveland with 4-barrel set up and a Cobra Jet cam back then, but swear I never street raced, :rolleyes:

Not sure you were around then, but my junior and senior year I was part of the committee that put together car shows on the football field. With all the racers around in the area we would ask them to come display their cars for an afternoon. Only one team agreed to do it and they came the farthest. It was the John Force Mountain Dew/Wienerschnitzel/Jolly Rancher Chevy Citation with the semi-truck and trailer. I don't recall if he was there, but I always admired the fact that the truck, trailer and car were there.

Not sure you were around then, but my junior and senior year I was part of the committee that put together car shows on the football field. With all the racers around in the area we would ask them to come display their cars for an afternoon. Only one team agreed to do it and they came the farthest. It was the John Force Mountain Dew/Wienerschnitzel/Jolly Rancher Chevy Citation with the semi-truck and trailer. I don't recall if he was there, but I always admired the fact that the truck, trailer and car were there.
Boy were you lucky! We had a cruise night years ago and all we were able to get was Terry Haddock….
1392058D-8DD4-4211-928A-7EC63BD918F4.gif

Last edited:
Yup, I ran all of them plus the ones in Connecticut. Now we have a temporary 1/8 track for the third year in a row on a runway- Race Track Not Street.com

Calverton Plant 6 Grumman Aerospace property. I am retired from Grumman. I now live in Ohio 1 mile from National Trail.

Calverton Plant 6 Grumman Aerospace property. I am retired from Grumman. I now live in Ohio 1 mile from National Trail.
My friend used to work at Grumman in Long Island. Every now and then, when leaving work, he would drag race any planes that happened to be taking off on the other side of the fence leading out of there in his 1937 Cord supercharged Westchester similar to this
E25831C7-D386-4B80-92AA-E63BADAC173C.jpeg

I've seen this car run before. Do you know if it's an original Modified Roadster? Kinda looks like it with the short wheelbase. These cars are soooooo cool!

Yes it is. It was the shame car that ran at Lion's. he found it on a studio back lot and it was going to be scrapped, so he bought it for $600 and restored it. Anymore now he just brings out "Revolations" to do exhibition runs from time to time.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back