New 330' drag strip (1 Viewer)

"All cars will be required to be registered and insured"....... Seems like odd requirements for a race track.
In this day and age it might not be a big deal. Not sure if you watched anything from Hot Rod Drag Week last week, but we've got multiple street legal, licensed, insured, highway-drivable cars out there that run quick enough to be competitive in Pro Stock

You missed the name of the track, it's called, "Street Legal Dragway."

This is a good thing and I stated this here before, if drag racing is going to survive here in California it'll be done by the grassroots level. Word is there's another 330' track being proposed and supported by the City of Carson; near where the Goodyear Blimp lives.

With regards the WDRA, best keep an eye on them because their expanding weekly as smaller tracks across the US are signing up to be part of their sactioning body. My understanding is that management was part of IHRA and many of these tracks were IHRA tracks.

"All cars will be required to be registered and insured"....... Seems like odd requirements for a race track.
Need this set up at the Fairgrounds Brian. Can you imagine during BTT 50’s weekend or Car Craft? (Whatever it’s called now)

You missed the name of the track, it's called, "Street Legal Dragway."

This is a good thing and I stated this here before, if drag racing is going to survive here in California it'll be done by the grassroots level. Word is there's another 330' track being proposed and supported by the City of Carson; near where the Goodyear Blimp lives.

With regards the WDRA, best keep an eye on them because their expanding weekly as smaller tracks across the US are signing up to be part of their sactioning body. My understanding is that management was part of IHRA and many of these tracks were IHRA tracks.

Since when do race tracks of any kind require auto insurance? lolol.

You can require insurance til the cows come home but good luck forcing an insurance company to pay out on a damage claim from a racing accident.

Not sure if you watched anything from Hot Rod Drag Week last week....

I watched it every day live on YouTube. Tom Bailey won his 6th Hot Rod Drag Week, on his 10th anniversary of win number 1.

Drag week requires it's contestants to drive on public roads and highways to get from track to track..... But non of those tracks require ANY of those cars to be licensed or insured once on the property.

I stand to my original comment. requiring cars to be licensed and insured to run on a race track seems weird to me. That's all....

Either way, it doesn't matter.... I'll never run a car at that track so it makes no difference to me.

Hell, you can mandate all race cars at that track to pass an emissions test, too.... I don't care. lolol.

Last edited:
Need this set up at the Fairgrounds Brian. Can you imagine during BTT 50’s weekend or Car Craft? (Whatever it’s called now)
That would be awesome! Instead of just an autocross track (like they had at car craft) it would be cool to included a launch pad with short drag strip. 👍

Really, a 330ft (1/16th mile) drag strip that's just silly. Hell, I remember when AA/FC did long smokey burnouts
to 660ft (1/2 track). But then again I remember when there was a 1/4 mile drag strip around every corner out
here on the coast. But I get it, keep the dumbass kid's off the street's.

1695909383930.png

1695909400403.png

1695909458116.png

AA/FC "Brand X" with Cecil Lankford in the seat
1695909745521.png

AA/FC Mr. Pat Minick filling the night sky, with Akron fallout.
1695910147499.png

AA/FC Why, why not. Not sure who is in the seat. Barbara giving Austin directions.

I think what I find most odd about this is that the property appears to have space for a 1/8th mile, at least from google earth. who knows if its all flat.
1-8thmaybe.JPG

Well you know what Bob's profile say's. "From an island between Englishtown, NJ and Maple Grove, PA"
The only island I could find (see below) is in Harrisburg, PA. 3 mile island and we know what happened
there March 28, 1979. I wonder if Bob glow's in the dark?

View attachment 13604
Ahh…. But if you see, it says “Island”…..
As in the certain name of a certain strip of asphalt that Big Daddy ran 200 mph and also broke his back on the thing at the end of that particular track. And no, I don’t have any railroad track at the end of my driveway….

6B2CAB6F-C51F-47DF-B13D-E344DFC3E8DC.jpeg

Last edited:
LOL on Long Island they were doing 60' hole shot racing because there were no tracks.
Yup, I ran all of them plus the ones in Connecticut. Now we have a temporary 1/8 track for the third year in a row on a runway- Race Track Not Street.com

Well, maybe Bob has a great idea here. Driveway Drags. Yeah, hafta have a long driveway w/ room to stop and a penalty for hitting the mail box. Mufflers so the neighbors don't get too ticked off. Maybe invite the neighbors over for Lunch & a Brew. Little side betting and.......
I was kicking around the idea of 1/8 scale nitro powered r/c drags but would have to hold up the action every time my neighbor needed to use the driveway 😡 (easement from the 1800’s…) sort of like the road closure at the top end of Maple Grove when the nats are running…

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back