Twin Branch Drag Strip (1 Viewer)

Gone Dead Train

Nitro Member
I was for sure someone would post this, the last couple of days. I find this a really cool drag strip.
But then again I find this drag strip kind of? Not even sure what word or words to use?

1626370219706.png

Wow, what a unique place. Was looking at photos. That would be an interesting place to race. Better not go off the end of the track.... heh I hope they get the place running.

What’s really a shame is that it looks like nobody has turned a tire on it.
The concrete starting line area looks sadly bare of any rubber.

I was for sure someone would post this, the last couple of days. I find this a really cool drag strip.
But then again I find this drag strip kind of? Not even sure what word or words to use?

View attachment 8096

It's about 65 miles south of Charleston, off US 119. Northwest of Delbarton. Word was they couldn't find anyone to manage the track. The only two other tracks in the state closed up. Kanawha Valley Dragway in Southside, WV (about 15 miles south of Pt. Pleasant on US 35) closed in 2016 I think, to become a horse farm. Rumors are that it might reopen. Was a great track and the scene of the terrible fire Bob Motz had in 2007 I think it was. Eldora Dragway outside of Fairmont has been closed for several years too, but there are rumors around about a certain ex-NASCAR driver buying it and the dirt track there too.

I've always joked that tracks in WV are 1/8 mile becasue there isn't enough flat land to build a 1/4 mile facility! :D

I don't see Eldora Dragway ever coming back as there are now buildings built along the strip, which has been converted to a road. When I lived in Ohio one of my buddies moved to WV and during a visit we raced at Eldora, but that was in the late 1980s. Cool very "down home" track. On the left Eldora 2003, right, today. Not sure if the Eldora roundy-round track is the same place....
Eldora 2003.jpg
Eldora today.jpg

Last edited:
I've always joked that tracks in WV are 1/8 mile becasue there isn't enough flat land to build a 1/4 mile facility! :D

I don't see Eldora Dragway ever coming back as there are now buildings built along the strip, which has been converted to a road. When I lived in Ohio one of my buddies moved to WV and during a visit we raced at Eldora, but that was in the late 1980s. Cool very "down home" track. On the left Eldora 2003, right, today. Not sure if the Eldora roundy-round track is the same place....
View attachment 8174View attachment 8175

Yeah sounds like it's done for then. Always rumors for some reason, guess people are bored.

There was a track about 5 miles or so north of Princeton, on I-77 that closed and became a trailer park.
1626973235100.png

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back