Never again Impact (1 Viewer)

What about the helmets?

Rick

When i talked to some guy named mike at impact this morning he informed that helmets are in no way affected in all this! However tell me how this is fair to the customer! You get caught screwing up so instead of making things right with the customer and taking the firesuit and doing a exchange for a new one i was informed that they are giving a 50% discount on a new one! Ya sure you screwed me once i will buy another NOT!!!! Impact has a huge problem on there hands and i see a class action lawsuit coming in the near future for them if they dont stand behind there product and bite the bullet by doing a free exchange!

Helmets are SNELL rated not SFI, but and it's a big butt, the liners have SFI tags and my understanding is that they will NOT be legal.
But things have been changing every minute between Impact & SFI.
As a business owner for only the last 32 years I would replace, repair or refund everything without question, just FIX IT and move on.
We had one of our customers that received an order and didn't like a color we used on there design even after they had approved it. So I did what I thought was correct and that was to reprint every shirt to make them happy and take the first shipment back.(we can always use some rags) Do you think I will ever lose this customer to someone else? It's cheaper to FIX IT than to go out and hustle another company to replace the one that's not happy.
Your reputation as a company and an owner is at stake and Lord knows I love steak:eek:

As I unfortunately predicted above:

Registered member said:
On April 13, 2010, SFI received test results from two Impact Racing driver suits we understand to have been manufactured in 2008. Neither suit has a date of manufacture, contrary to SFI specifications. These suits have counterfeit SFI 3.2A/5 patches attached to them. The thread on both suits FAILED during heat resistance testing. One suit’s material also FAILED Thermal Protective Performance (TPP) testing. The other suit’s material PASSED TPP testing, although the thread itself melted during testing. These results were previously provided to Impact Racing. In SFI’s opinion, the failure of the thread poses a safety risk to those who wear these suits in auto racing.

SFI is continuing to test and inspect Impact Racing products manufactured in 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 as products are made available.

Holy cow :eek:

This is the SFI press release that was given today!!

SFI PRESS RELEASE

April 21, 2010 - SFI issues the following press release. Please review this carefully:

1. Impact Racing has withdrawn its appeal of the decertifications of its products bearing SFI 3.2A, 3.3, 16.1, and 16.5 specifications manufactured in the years 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008. The decertifications of these products are now permanent.

2. The decertifications are based upon a number of the affected products being non-compliant with SFI specifications concerning labeling and construction. In addition to the presence of non-compliant SFI tags and the absence of DOMs on products, 3.2A/5 suits made prior to 2009 have been constructed with non-compliant materials that, in SFI’s judgment, pose a safety risk to users of these suits.

3. Impact Racing is permitted to maintain the certification for products bearing SFI 3.2A, 3.3, 16.1, and 16.5 specifications manufactured in 2009 and 2010. SFI’s investigation of the labeling and construction of these products is ongoing. Impact’s participation in the SFI specification programs ends June 22, 2010.

4. Any Impact product with SFI specifications 3.2A, 3.3, 16.1, and 16.5 without a date of manufacture (DOM) is deemed to be a decertified product unless the manufacturer has provided the product user with proof that it was manufactured in 2009 or 2010. This proof must be presented to track officials upon request. Impact believes that its products made in 2009 and 2010 have the DOMs affixed to products to the extent mandated by SFI specifications.

This is the SFI press release that was given today!!

SFI PRESS RELEASE

April 21, 2010 - SFI issues the following press release. Please review this carefully:

1. Impact Racing has withdrawn its appeal of the decertifications of its products bearing SFI 3.2A, 3.3, 16.1, and 16.5 specifications manufactured in the years 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008. The decertifications of these products are now permanent.

2. The decertifications are based upon a number of the affected products being non-compliant with SFI specifications concerning labeling and construction. In addition to the presence of non-compliant SFI tags and the absence of DOMs on products, 3.2A/5 suits made prior to 2009 have been constructed with non-compliant materials that, in SFI’s judgment, pose a safety risk to users of these suits.

3. Impact Racing is permitted to maintain the certification for products bearing SFI 3.2A, 3.3, 16.1, and 16.5 specifications manufactured in 2009 and 2010. SFI’s investigation of the labeling and construction of these products is ongoing. Impact’s participation in the SFI specification programs ends June 22, 2010.

4. Any Impact product with SFI specifications 3.2A, 3.3, 16.1, and 16.5 without a date of manufacture (DOM) is deemed to be a decertified product unless the manufacturer has provided the product user with proof that it was manufactured in 2009 or 2010. This proof must be presented to track officials upon request. Impact believes that its products made in 2009 and 2010 have the DOMs affixed to products to the extent mandated by SFI specifications.

Whats that mean?

I called and John @ Impact told me that my off the shelf racer 2-piece -5 is worth 35% off a new one.....but they dont have them in stock and they are being "built" at the "factory" now.

I struggle with the fact that SFI and NHRA are letting this happen to the racers..maybe i should have expected it. Telling us that our suits are junk because of this is bad enough but making a formal announcement 7 days before the deadline and telling the tracks to "strictly enforce" it is crazy.This effects so many people its scary and there WILL be a shortage of suits for those that choose to go back.

Last edited:
Whats that mean?

I called and John @ Impact told me that my off the shelf racer 2-piece -5 is worth 35% off a new one.....but they dont have them in stock and they are being "built" at the "factory" now.

I struggle with the fact that SFI and NHRA are letting this happen to the racers..maybe i should have expected it. Telling us that our suits are junk because of this is bad enough but making a formal announcement 7 days before the deadline and telling the tracks to "strictly enforce" it is crazy.This effects so many people its scary and there WILL be a shortage of suits for those that choose to go back.

Troy,
SFI & NHRA have absolutly nothing to do with the way Bill Simpson has chosen to lie to, steal from and deceive his customers in the last 5 years.
Fortunatly no one has been seriously injured or killed as a result of Bill's actions...........BILL'S ACTIONS
I'm sure that producion schedules at Taylor's, Simpson, DJ...etc, have ramp up greatly in the last few weeks.
Missing one or two races never killed anyone, but faulty products sure could.
Patience Grasshopper, it's a vurtue

Troy,
Fortunatly no one has been seriously injured or killed as a result of Bill's actions...........BILL'S ACTIONS

Funny you mention this Kevin, I was wondering this very thing last night. I wonder if there have been any injuries due to these inferior products. Might be something to look into further?

Dave

Ok, Now I have to admit I don't have a single Impact product on my car or me (All Simpson Racing) and I do understand it costs alot for replacements.
My question is: Why would anyone want another Firesuit, Belts, helmet from Impact at all? Even if they offered to discount it 100%.

They have proven that they can not be depended on to provide a quality product. Why risk your safety again? My opinion, but for the sake of your safety, Your familys well being try another company.

Simpson Racing
Sparco
Crow
Taylor
Design 500
or five or six others

Ok, Now I have to admit I don't have a single Impact product on my car or me (All Simpson Racing) and I do understand it costs alot for replacements.
My question is: Why would anyone want another Firesuit, Belts, helmet from Impact at all? Even if they offered to discount it 100%.

They have proven that they can not be depended on to provide a quality product. Why risk your safety again? My opinion, but for the sake of your safety, Your familys well being try another company.

Simpson Racing
Sparco
Crow
Taylor
Design 500
or five or six others

You are totally right, John. Impact should just refund the money and then if somebody chooses to buy new Impact products, that's on the buyer. If Impact can demonstrate that their stuff is safe and has passed all required tests, I'm sure people would continue to buy their products.

As for me, I want my money back!!!:mad:

Dave

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back