Never again Impact (1 Viewer)

Curt

Nitro Member
I just recieved this mail.

IMPACT PRESS RELEASE - APRIL 20st 2010

Be advised that SFI has made the decision that as of April 27th, 2010 our products manufactured in 2008 and previous years are decertified. Impact strongly disagrees with this decision. SFI's decision does not apply to products purchased in 2009, 2010 and forward.

In light of the decertification, if any of our customers have to replace their products we can offer firesuits at a discounted price based on date of purchase, restraint systems at the trade-in price and free shipping.

I WILL NEVER PURCHASE A IMPACT PRODUCT AGAIN!!!. If you cheat on a product you sell. Get caught. Make the item worthless to the customer. Then say we will sell you another suit at a discount????? You have to be freeking kidding me... wow. Sparco here we come!:mad::mad:

Sounds like they are offering an upgrade at a prorated price, not sticking it to their customers.

It would seem that if the suits were actually up to SFI specs but just had bogus labels then they should be able to recertify them and put new labels in them.

If the suits actually weren't up to SFI standards then they should be replacing them for no charge as they were misrepresenting them.

They should make this right one way or the other, if they don't I'll think they'll take a bigger hit than the cost of replacing the suits.

What about those of us who have retired from drivng? They're giving discounts on new products to those that are still drivng but what about people like me? Am I out of line to look for a refund for products that were not up to snuff to begin with? If I were still drivng, the discounted new stuff might be fair - however I think there should be some sort of consideration from Impact for people like me. Thoughts?

Dave

Start a Class Action law suit...That seems popular these days.

Am I an attorney? No, but I did stay in a Holiday Express last nite :D

I got told the same thing Curtis...

Despite a discount, its still far from right.

Another customer you've now lost IMPACT...

Paul, how would you know if the suits were up to spec? They're willing to falsify the labels, why not falsify the tests? Substitute materials? Shortcut on manufacturing? How would a buyer ever know? And then mock the whole legal process with a smiley face on the settlement document.

Never again Impact is "Never Impact" for us.

Impact SHOULD be offering free re-certification for all of the suits that fit into that category, that is IF they are able to re-certify them, otherwise they should be offering FREE REPLACEMENTS for every single suit that was sold in that period.

I can definitely see a class action lawsuit coming here...... this does not look good for Impact.

Paul, how would you know if the suits were up to spec? They're willing to falsify the labels, why not falsify the tests? Substitute materials? Shortcut on manufacturing? How would a buyer ever know? And then mock the whole legal process with a smiley face on the settlement document.

Never again Impact is "Never Impact" for us.

Totally agree,
They are using the Bill Clinton rope a dope scheme to dodge paying up. It depends on what is is. I haven't seen anything on the helmets. Does anybody know? I know they are Snell rated but did they use fake Snell tags? We have a nitro helmet, which wasn't cheap, so if anybody knows please ring in.

Thanks
Rick

I think with Clinton it was more like "I never took a toke"
"Okay, well, I took a toke, but I never inhaled"

I thought Impact was Bill Simpson's company, if so I would think that he would still be at the forefront of the safety industry, not trying to make his way scamming it???

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back