Neil Peart (1 Viewer)

flapjack

Staff member
Nitro Member
Heard a few days ago that Neil is most likely retiring from touring, but he is not retiring from drumming. Glad I got to see them on the R40 tour. It's been a great 25 years for me seeing them in concert.

thanks dave, clicked on your link and 2 hours later got back to what i was doing before :D

There's a void that can't be filled. You don't just plug another drummer into his place on the riser.

just read that rush will tour no more.....neil suffering physical ailments preventing him from giving a 100% performance.
band still to make new music though.

that is great tom.....i grew up with these guys seeing them live 3x: permanent waves, signals & grace under pressure.
had plans to see them again within the last 10 years or so; i regret now that i didn't. these guys are truly masters of their craft.

that is great tom.....i grew up with these guys seeing them live 3x: permanent waves, signals & grace under pressure.
had plans to see them again within the last 10 years or so; i regret now that i didn't. these guys are truly masters of their craft.

Those are three concerts I would have loved to see. I do have the GUP concert footage. Signals would have been killer, that's such a great album.

Heard a few days ago that Neil is most likely retiring from touring, but he is not retiring from drumming. Glad I got to see them on the R40 tour. It's been a great 25 years for me seeing them in concert.
I've seen them several times over the years, including what was one of, if not their first U.S. appearance at the Allen Theater in Cleveland, OH in 1974 where they were opening act to ZZ Top. I was blown away how good they were and that began a lifetime of following their music. That was just after the release of the original "RUSH" album. Six or so months later at a small hall doing the Fly By Night tour, and then again somewhere around the Farewell To Kings/Hemispheres era when my son was born. In 2010 my son and I saw them here in SoCal doing a similar set to R30. Had hoped to see them again....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back