Need urgent help/info: getting tickets to the 2014 Gators! (1 Viewer)

PiPPi

Nitro Member
This upcoming Wednesday evening I'm doing a presentation about what is involved in travelling from Europe to the US for the purpose of attending an NHRA race. The target group is people who have never travelled to the US before.

I use the 2014 Gators as the example as I'm going there myself, everything is lined up except for how to get tickets to the race itself.

Been there before but have been/will be part of a Pro Stock Motorcycle team as such had/have no issues with tickets.

I have bought tickets on-line to Englishtown and Atlanta before but when I go to the Auto Plus Raceway site, all that's there is "Please call 1-800-884-6472 for ticket information", no on-line sales.

On http://www.nhratix.com there is nothing doing except for the Winternationals at Pomona.

A few questions:
- Is it simply too early for on-line sales to the Gators, will they show up on http://www.nhratix.com like for the Winternationals at http://x2t.com/Winternationals ? I.e. can I use that as a real example for getting tickets to the Gators as wll?
- If not, is it wvwn feasible to just show up early Friday morning and expect get decent tickets for the whole weekend?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
PiPPi

unless tickets can be printed as e-tickets i would certainly not risk my money if physical tickets were going
to be mailed internationally, especially if the event was fast approaching.
early bird gets the worm would be my best advice; early in line, beat the crowds and smile at the ticket lady,
she is there to help and will put you in a great spot with a little patience and diplomacy.
then immediately go buy a ticket lanyard so your spendy tickets are not lost falling out of a pocket.

- use a hotel that has secure room safes; leave passport in room safe while attending race.
- figure out best country to exchange money....before or after flight? (probably before at local bank?)
- pack light if planning to buy souvenirs @ races. travel with light jacket, florida is warm.
- find a local store near hotel and buy small bottle of sunscreen....i'm scandinavian; we burn fast.

Mike,

Many thanks for responding, much appreciated. I'm good with travelling in the US and have done a lot of that, I lived in the US for a decade and my parents lived in the DC area for thirty years, I worked in Boston for a while and still go to the US once or twice a year.

Yes, it's the e-tickets for Gainesville I'm looking for. I got those for Englishtown and it worked like a charm, ordered them on-line way ahead of the event, printed them out at home and went through the gates in no time when we got to the track.

That was in 2010, and as far as I can remember I got the tickets straight from the Englishtown website. Nothing like that on the Gainesville site as per today but I saw the NHRA ticket site. The link for getting e-tickets for the Winternationals looks solid and though there's nothing there for Gainesville right now I'll go with the assumption that Gainesville will be part of that in a few weeks and present it like that on Wednesday. With a disclaimer ;)

About buying tickets at the gates, I don't feel comfortable about recommending that for an overseas first timer, isn't there a risk that an event like that will be sold out before Friday morning? Like it would be tough to have four people placed together in the reserved parts of the stands.

Again, thanks for your reply.

Regards
PiPPi

I don't think they have been made available to the public yet, just previous ticket holders. I'm sure it will open up for everyone else very soon.

PiPPi: I have already gotten my tickets for the 2014 Gators (a renewal from last year). I would call the NHRA ticket phone number and find out what day they go on sale to the public. Order early!!.
ps: Which PSM team?

PiPPi: I have already gotten my tickets for the 2014 Gators (a renewal from last year). I would call the NHRA ticket phone number and find out what day they go on sale to the public. Order early!!.
ps: Which PSM team?
Thanks, will do.

The plan is for the 2013 European PSM Champion to go across again, Fredrik Fredlund. He called to ask if I'd like to join up again and after hours and hours of deliberation I accepted. Grudgingly...

Gainesville is a popular place for Europeans, fans as well as racers. Could be there are a few more European racers coming across as well, both on 2- and 4 wheels. Plans are being made and will be announced if things fall in place.

Regards
PiPPi

I like all of Mikes advice but would add one modification. Yes florida is warm and gainsesville can be absolutley gorgeous on race weekend. BUT it can also be cold so id bring more than a light jacket

Thanks, will do.

The plan is for the 2013 European PSM Champion to go across again, Fredrik Fredlund. He called to ask if I'd like to join up again and after hours and hours of deliberation I accepted. Grudgingly...

Gainesville is a popular place for Europeans, fans as well as racers. Could be there are a few more European racers coming across as well, both on 2- and 4 wheels. Plans are being made and will be announced if things fall in place.

Regards
PiPPi

Par, been to the Gators 7 times! It has either been Unusually Warm or Very COLD! Prepare for both, trust me! And if you have a problem getting to the track at 7 AM on Sat/Sun to avoid 2-3 mile traffic lines, the Gators is NOT your race!

I don't know if they have it in Europe but as an Australian, the US concept of 'will call' worked well for picking up tickets when I have purchased them in advance. But as noted it's highly doubtful the race would be sold out so buying tickets at the gate is a good option as well.

True, but I don't camp nearby so your screwed!

Not at all! I drive down from Atlanta and stay in Lake City, which is close to an hour away from the track. I probably leave Lake City by 7:30-8am and drive straight to the track with no problems whatsoever. The key is entering the track from the North, not the South!!

Not at all! I drive down from Atlanta and stay in Lake City, which is close to an hour away from the track. I probably leave Lake City by 7:30-8am and drive straight to the track with no problems whatsoever. The key is entering the track from the North, not the South!!

Ahh....So did I! Till one time I thought I could go at 9 AM! sat in traffic for over an Hour!

Saw a tweet from NHRA today that tickets are now on sale for the Gators Par.
Thanks for all the input.

The presentation went well and I did go the route of demoing extremetix.com which turned out OK. As Jim points out, the Gators tickets are up there now.

"Will call", yes, I've used that but the current e-ticket setup is a lot more comfortable.

On hotels, I've stayed at hotels at the intersection of SR24 and I75 and never really had any problems getting to the track, plan to stay there again in 2014.

Regards
PiPPi

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back