Nancy Matter Racing in the Austin Newspaper (1 Viewer)

FC Girl

Nitro Member
We made it on the front page of the Austin Statesman Newspaper.

Here is the link for on line viewing:

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/other/02/20/20matter.html

and if for some reason, should you choose to read it, if it asks you to register, it's:

www.statesman.com

(the car was going to the chassis shop, so there's no motor in it, but it was written for an average reader, not racer -- LOL )

Take care all,

Looking forward to getting to the track in March.

Nancy

Thanks you guys, hopefully, we'll reach many NEW Racing Fans for Drag Racing!!!!!

And they'll have to build MANY NEW GRAND STANDS to faciliate -- :D :D

It's an awfully small parking lot LOL

We're working on all Kinds of things right now, so onward and upward as the old saying goes.

Thanks for reading and commenting about the article.

Nancy

That's really exciting, what part of Austin are you guys located? Are you planning on running the IHRA LoneStar Nationals or the NHRA Houston National Meet? I'll definitely stop by and see you guys.

-Lance

Burnout? hmm, sounds like a fun time on 6th Street -- :D :D

S.W. Austin, not legal for IHRA unless they alter the rules a little bit. LOL

Also, Right now Houston Nat.
Where are you located?

Thanks,
Nancy

Nancy,

Did you know that the owner of the Continental Club (on South Congress) is a hot rodder-he has (or had) a 32 roadster painted primer black with red flames and a flathead with 3 2 barrels. Also Charlie Sexton, whose played with Dylan among many others, and lives in Austin, alos is a hot rodder, He has (or had) an old four Mercury of the late 40s or early fifites that he chopped the top off of and turned into a convertible. The continental has lots of great bands and sometimes you'll see a lot of rods parked outside. Plus the Mexican restaurant across the street in the Austin Motel is a great place to eat.

Yep, we've been to the Continental many times and it's of that vibe for sure.

We've only been here for 9 months, so still learning the area etc......for living here, for music, I've been coming here for the last 6 years or more.

SXSW is coming too, (about 150,000 artists and another 100K music industry people from all over the world for a conference and showcases for those who aren't familiar with it)

Hey Nancy, I saw the story in the Statesman this morning and was going to post about it when I got home, but you beat me to it!!! The Statesman never seems to write anything on auto racing (unless its Nascar) so it was such a great suprise to read about Drag racing and it was someone local!!!. I live in the Cedar Park/Leander area and look forward to stopping by in Houston to say hello!!! I hope everything pans out for the switch to the fuel car for you all!!!:cool:

Congrats, Nancy! Nice article. And Hi to you Tim! Long time no hear! How's everything going?

Nancy,

Did you know that the owner of the Continental Club (on South Congress) is a hot rodder-he has (or had) a 32 roadster painted primer black with red flames and a flathead with 3 2 barrels. Also Charlie Sexton, whose played with Dylan among many others, and lives in Austin, alos is a hot rodder, He has (or had) an old four Mercury of the late 40s or early fifites that he chopped the top off of and turned into a convertible. The continental has lots of great bands and sometimes you'll see a lot of rods parked outside. Plus the Mexican restaurant across the street in the Austin Motel is a great place to eat.

Dave I have the Arc Angels CD(a group Charlie was a Member) and his old Merc is on the CD Artwork. Looks like a Chopped 49-50 like Sylvester Stallone's in Cobra.

Interesting Joe, cool music?

Tim & Terry, thanks. I knew that they didn't run much Drag Racing as I've been told by some of the Top Sportsman people that we've met, so hopefully, this will be really good for our sport from in and around this area at least.

Nancy the Arc Angels were out of Austin, besides Charlie Sexton they also had Doyle Bramhall who worked with the Vaughn Brothers. Arc stood for Austin Recording Company.

Congrats, Nancy! Nice article. And Hi to you Tim! Long time no hear! How's everything going?

Hey Terry!!! Great to hear from you buddy! Everything is great here...just ready for some of the national events to start heading our way! How is everything up in Nebraska...By the way...Hook em Horns and Go CornHuskers!! I just couldnt resist!:D

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back