Along with most of those already listed, I would add:

The Outlaw Josie Wales
Guys and Dolls
Spaceballs
West Side Story
Help
Hard Days Night
Yellow Submarine

Being a native New Yorker living in the deep south, My Cousin Vinny is close to the top of my list.

The Great Escape
Patton
Tombstone
Midway
Tora, Tora, Tora
On Any Sunday
Trading Places
Blazing Saddles
Full Metal Jacket (1st half)
Blues Brothers
Animal House
Star Chamber

Grand Prix
but ya need a BIG screen TV

AWESOME movie. Could you imagine the budget you would need to remake that movie today? Boggles the mind ....

My favorite quote from the movie:

Jean-Pierre Sarti: Before you leave I want to tell you something. Not about the others, but about myself. I used to go to pieces. I'd see an accident and be so weak inside that I wanted to quit - stop the car and walk away. I could hardly make myself go past it. But I'm older now. When I see something really horrible, I put my foot down. Hard! Because I know that everyone else is lifting his.
Louise Frederickson: What a terrible way to win.
Jean-Pierre Sarti: No, there is no terrible way to win. There is only winning.

Chris
Even with unlimited bucks, Grand Prix could not be remade. Time, Tracks, Today's F1 isn't 1966/1967... Remember Jackie's comments in his book "Faster" about the Movie?

The Magnificent Seven
Lonesome Dove
Dances with Wolves
Field of Dreams
Cool Hand Luke

............when these shows come on, I cannot turn them off :eek:

Chris
Even with unlimited bucks, Grand Prix could not be remade. Time, Tracks, Today's F1 isn't 1966/1967... Remember Jackie's comments in his book "Faster" about the Movie?

This past weekend Jay Leno guest Co-hosted Ebert and Roper. They were talking about Talledega nights, Jay said he didn't think any Racing movie could equal Grand Prix which just got released on DVD BTW.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back