Mountain Motor Pro Stock Exhibition Passes at Indy (1 Viewer)

Well the Mountain Motor ProStocks are around .2 quicker than NHRA ProStock
Let the weight games begin.

No weight games its common sense. They either have to add weight or add turbos to the 500's to bring them closer.
You want turbos or other power adders go watch ProMod or Top Sportsman. Leave Pro Stock naturally aspirated and adjust the weight.

You want turbos or other power adders go watch ProMod or Top Sportsman. Leave Pro Stock naturally aspirated and adjust the weight.

You do realize its 2018 and cars come from the factory with turbos? Leaving the class as it is for so long is why there's very little interest in it.

Yeah, let’s play weight games because it worked so well the first time.

Yeah, let’s play weight games because it worked so well the first time.
The past situation was a lot more complex than parity between these two combinations. I think with time they can get it close enough to work.

they could probably make the two styles closer with rear wing rules...more rear wing=more downforce=slower times due to drag

What happened to drag racing ????
PS NA run what you brung and let them eat.
PM power adders.
You want factory, watch FSS.
You don't win you need to figure out how to go faster, or change to what combo wins. As soon as you try to level the playing field we wind up where we are now.

What happened to drag racing ????
PS NA run what you brung and let them eat.
PM power adders.
You want factory, watch FSS.
You don't win you need to figure out how to go faster, or change to what combo wins. As soon as you try to level the playing field we wind up where we are now.

Big money

A few questions,

How many of these Mountain Motor guys could run a 24 race schedule, Overheard an owner once saying it cost a lot of money to run these cars and that is on a 7 race schedule.

What happens when big money starts building Mountain Motors with all the R&D. If Gray's build a motor and start running 2 tenths quicker, will all MM get weight added and then they just do not show up at races. Could any of the current MMPS afford to buy a motor from current 500 inch builders.

A few questions,

How many of these Mountain Motor guys could run a 24 race schedule, Overheard an owner once saying it cost a lot of money to run these cars and that is on a 7 race schedule.

What happens when big money starts building Mountain Motors with all the R&D. If Gray's build a motor and start running 2 tenths quicker, will all MM get weight added and then they just do not show up at races. Could any of the current MMPS afford to buy a motor from current 500 inch builders.

Even if there isn’t a lot of full time teams come over it should help the car count. It will probably be an ongoing adjustment to keep parity but I think a pretty good job has been done in other classes. I would assume if the current mountain motor guys wanted to lease a 500 engine some of them could have. Guys like JR Carr and Frank Gugliotta has run 500 engines in pro stock but I don’t know if they were leasing them.

The car counts may need help again next year, the Agent over at DRO says Tanner may be going to NASCAR Truck, and Butner and Skillman may be done as well. Also, I think I read somewhere that McGaha is going back to a part time schedule for '19. The article also stated that the going rate to lease an engine is $45K/race. I wonder if that number is accurate.

They announced at Indy that Skillman wasn't racing full time next year

Are these guys getting out cuz they see the handwriting on the wall? Butner has a Pro Mod license, so kinda wonder if he will race that class next year.

Are these guys getting out cuz they see the handwriting on the wall? Butner has a Pro Mod license, so kinda wonder if he will race that class next year.

Drew Skillman is going to be focusing more on the family business, much like Morgan Lucas chose to do.

It is VERY expensive to run Pro Stock out of a used car dealership in Floyds Knob, Indiana. I am somewhat surprised he has lasted as long as he has. I would suppose that is because of the success he has had with the KB racing group, he has won a lot of races and a championship ... that has certainly had to help offset his expenses and keep him around. I don't know if we will see him Pro Mod or not, I don't think it is cheaper on a per race basis than Pro Stock, and I don't know that he will be able to go right in with the best team the way he has with Pro Stock.

Also, there is the health issue to consider. It was just a couple of months ago Bo had a stroke.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back