Morgan Lucas says it was a tough decision, but one that had to be made (1 Viewer)

I think I created something of a crapstorm here last time this happened by saying something similar to this....but I see ONE common factor in every failed iteration(sp?) of Morgan Lucas Racing. Seems to me that may be where the problem lies....

Just before the biggest race of the year,why? I would def think they have a better chance with dickie than by committee

I agree with you. I may not have been as clear as I should have been. Since they've fired every past crew chief, it would seem that their "crew chief by committee" would put the whole team on the hot seat. They'll probably have to fire themselves...;)

Overall, another bad move on this team's part. No crew chief at Indy? Really??? How BIG must their egos be?

It's so easy for you guys to sit at your computers and tell the world what Lucas Racing should do. If you're so smart, how come none of you are crew chiefs or have a team??? You don't have any idea of the goings-on inside the organization and therefore have no right to tell them what to do. Try telling Berstein what he should do with his team....I'm sure he'll listen.

Lighten up and let the team do what they feel is necessary at this time...right, wrong or indifferent. They never said they had all the answers.

On a web site dedicated to people expressing their opinions about Nitro racing, people expressing their opinions are ridiculed. Hmmm...

It's so easy for you guys to sit at your computers and tell the world what Lucas Racing should do. If you're so smart, how come none of you are crew chiefs or have a team??? You don't have any idea of the goings-on inside the organization and therefore have no right to tell them what to do. Try telling Berstein what he should do with his team....I'm sure he'll listen.

Lighten up and let the team do what they feel is necessary at this time...right, wrong or indifferent. They never said they had all the answers.

Ma, Most of the posts on this thread are more about who Forrest will or Can hire rather than criticizing the team for making this change!

And who is qualified to make that determination?
I can qualify it just as much as those who think they can tell teams what to do.

I have no idea how the Lucas Team runs their operation and I'm willing to bet that nobody else here does here, except for maybe Ma Green, yet, they spout their "knowledge" like they are to all the privy to insider info.

90% of the posters on this topic don't know squat about tuning, driving or running ANY race car, yet, they are now the experts on running a T/F operation.

That's what is commonly known as bull$hit!

I can qualify it just as much as those who think they can tell teams what to do.

I'm quite sure no one here thinks they can "tell teams what to do". Just as I'm quite sure Forrest Lucas is not looking to the Mater for advice and input. This is a discussion board, people are discussing.

I'm quite sure no one here thinks they can "tell teams what to do". Just as I'm quite sure Forrest Lucas is not looking to the Mater for advice and input. This is a discussion board, people are discussing.

That's what I always thought it was. It is no wonder that the traffic on this site has been steadily declining.

Late.................

I think they need to get sneaky and try and hire someone(s) away from another team. Brian Corradi / Mark Oswald would be a good catch. It's not going to be a top team without somebody proven that can run with the big dogs.

I think they need to get sneaky and try and hire someone(s) away from another team. Brian Corradi / Mark Oswald would be a good catch. It's not going to be a top team without somebody proven that can run with the big dogs.

Brian and Mark would be crazy to leave DSR,I mean who want to go to a team thats been threw series of CC's over the years.

Brian and Mark would be crazy to leave DSR,I mean who want to go to a team thats been threw series of CC's over the years.

folks move around - remember alan johnson? ....his move was after 'the run'
with dixon to follow.....they don't look so crazy now.

I said TRY :D I agree with you.

If they get another mid pack guy it's just going to be another 12-18 months and we'll back in this same spot. If they are going to be content with 3.85-3.92 (with 8 holes lit) type runs they could have just left things alone.

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back