Morgan Lucas says it was a tough decision, but one that had to be made (1 Viewer)

A little hard to replace the driver when he owns the team. Besides, Morgan's driving had been very good this year.

People "gelling"....3/4 of a season should get the job done...and I've known Dickie for many years and consider him a friend. Sometimes being a crew chief seems very much like being a coach.

When it's your team and your money (or sponsor money) then one can make all the choices they want. Otherwise, you should let them do what they feel is best for their team.

A little hard to replace the driver when he owns the team. Besides, Morgan's driving had been very good this year.

People "gelling"....3/4 of a season should get the job done...and I've known Dickie for many years and consider him a friend. Sometimes being a crew chief seems very much like being a coach.

When it's your team and your money (or sponsor money) then one can make all the choices they want. Otherwise, you should let them do what they feel is best for their team.

The decision is most certainly his and he is free to do what he wills with the team.

That being said, there are certain things that can be learned from watching successful teams and they're not all built overnight. Even in a season, sometimes.

With Morgan experiencing the same issues over and over again through multiple crew chiefs, one would think there must be other issues at play. It just doesn't seem that bringing in a crew chief will change everything. Especially if it's not a big, marquee name.

I thought it was interesting that Morgan said in the podcast that they weren't really giving up on this year, but they were looking more toward building something for next season.

The decision is most certainly his and he is free to do what he wills with the team.

That being said, there are certain things that can be learned from watching successful teams and they're not all built overnight. Even in a season, sometimes.

With Morgan experiencing the same issues over and over again through multiple crew chiefs, one would think there must be other issues at play. It just doesn't seem that bringing in a crew chief will change everything. Especially if it's not a big, marquee name.

Right on point Bernie!!!

Lucas should watch a guy like Connie, they are not having the best of seasons (last couple have not been that good) but he sticks with his guys. When they get that Mojo back watch out.

I wonder who is gonna take the place. I think it's a bad choice. They average about a 3.85 on full potential and there's not a lot of 3.85 or better crew chiefs availible on the market.

I's funny you say that, Stewart has been there through all of the changes. It seems like they keep him around and run MUCH more talented people off. :rolleyes:
For one... Stew is like a part of their family. And having worked with Stew in the past, I think he has a lot more talent then you may be giving him credit for.:)

One point to bring up as I don't think I have seen it yet. When team X hires a crew chief after firing one, does team X expect the new crew chief to run the car with all the componets that the previous CC didn't have success with ?

Like blowers , pistons, cams , injectors, clutches, etc. Throw chassis in there too. If a new CC has a blank check to start off with all that he is used to running and succeeding with , then I would expect results sooner than later.

On the other hand if the new CC has to make due with the parts on hand, it can throw the odds of success further out of reach.

The one thing I seem to notice that works is when the team is directed and tuned by ONE person, not a small committee.

I seem to remember reading an article about the F1 Ferrari team. In the front office entrance to the shop reads a sign,

" This Team is run as a dictatorship, if you are looking for democracy it's not here "

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back