More silly season stuff (1 Viewer)

Was it Mr. Griffin that was involved in another TF sponsorship "situation" earlier this year? Seem to remember his name for some reason.
Feel really bad for Cory, he deserves better than this.

Unless Mr. Jannard would like to return to our site to refute this, I believe the Oakley FC just might already have a driver for 2008.

Jim I am not saying you are wrong, but why would this persons current sponsor let them sign with someone else considering the amount of PR this person is receiving and has received in the past for the sponsor? It just does not make any sense to me.

Was it Mr. Griffin that was involved in another TF sponsorship "situation" earlier this year? Seem to remember his name for some reason.
Feel really bad for Cory, he deserves better than this.

#1 I hope this deal does not go through.
#2 If it does. I hope Cory can grab (sponsors and crew) what he can and run like hell.

Jim I am not saying you are wrong, but why would this persons current sponsor let them sign with someone else considering the amount of PR this person is receiving and has received in the past for the sponsor? It just does not make any sense to me.

If what he's alluding to comes to fruition, it will actually be one of the best possible sponsorship marriages I've ever seen in the sport!

If what he's alluding to comes to fruition, it will actually be one of the best possible sponsorship marriages I've ever seen in the sport!

I agree with you that it could be a great marriage between driver and sponsor. How do you feel about the legacy of the current sponsor and how long they have been a supporter of that team? I know if I was in that sponsors shoes I would not let them go and I know that sponsor has deeper pockets then Oakley.

This reminds me of the debacle that Scott Weis and the Barretts had to go through during the offseason. Hope it turns out better.

Well, Bobby now reports that the Carrier/Griffin transaction may not be a done deal! We were also reminded that Mr. Griffin's TF team, which was to be driven by Scott Weis, never made it to the track because of a number of problems - :rolleyes:
I find it very hard to believe that NHRA.com would post this story without input from one of the parties involved. I hope Cory and Wes are not the losers in what looks to be a bad situation.

Griffin is actually a very good con man....he puts out what he's planning on doing and rips sponsors, drivers and team owners off.

Example 1: Andrew Cowin to run the full IHRA tour, sponsored by Serta. Actual races attended - 5 then released

Example 2: Replaces Cowin with a mutually beneficial deal with Scott Weis. Had meetings with Barrett and worked a co-sponsorship with them (I'm sure $$$ changed hands). Then sites lack of sponsorship and pulls the plug...not returning the investment to Barrett.....now I could have sworn I read that Serta was a 3-year deal!!

Example 3: This mess with the Carrier Boys. By reading what has been stated so far, he passed bad checks. To me that means he gave a deposit, then started with the bad checks. He tells us all their going for it the rest of the year, but then he tells Fram 5 races later he needs more money. Thats weird because Fram funded the team for the year, so where did the funds go?

I know there's always 2 sides to every story, but I could care less what this POS has to say. The facts speak for themselves.

Scott Griffin, you are a scum bag!~

Griffin is actually a very good con man....he puts out what he's planning on doing and rips sponsors, drivers and team owners off.

Example 1: Andrew Cowin to run the full IHRA tour, sponsored by Serta. Actual races attended - 5 then released

Example 2: Replaces Cowin with a mutually beneficial deal with Scott Weis. Had meetings with Barrett and worked a co-sponsorship with them (I'm sure $$$ changed hands). Then sites lack of sponsorship and pulls the plug...not returning the investment to Barrett.....now I could have sworn I read that Serta was a 3-year deal!!

Example 3: This mess with the Carrier Boys. By reading what has been stated so far, he passed bad checks. To me that means he gave a deposit, then started with the bad checks. He tells us all their going for it the rest of the year, but then he tells Fram 5 races later he needs more money. Thats weird because Fram funded the team for the year, so where did the funds go?

I know there's always 2 sides to every story, but I could care less what this POS has to say. The facts speak for themselves.

Scott Griffin, you are a scum bag!~

I think you will find that the Serta deal was a con job also.

Serta deal was a con job also.

It was..the inside scoop I got on that was,,He put their name on the trailer and car ..Hoping they give him some money. Bet they thought. Hey he doing it for free why should we give him anything..Now thats what I was told by someone close to the deal.I realy find it hard to beleve he is that dumb.But maybe ?? I don't know..But I do know He still got some crew members mad over the scott weis deal..He stuck them with a appt. contact and did't pay it. Now the place is going after the crew members.

Last edited:
Serta deal was a con job also.

It was..the inside scoop I got on that was,,He put their name on the trailer and car ..Hoping they give him some money. Bet they thought. Hey he doing it for free why should we give him anything..Now thats what I was told by someone close to the deal.I realy find it hard to beleve he is that dumb.But maybe ?? I don't know..But I do know He still got some crew members mad over the scott weis deal..He stuck them with a appt. contact and did't pay it. Now the place is going after the crew members.

You would be surprised how often the fake sponsor deal has been done in this sport. It is usually not to get anything from the name on the car, but to make you look like a big time sponsored racer to the next people you are trying to promote.

Rumor has it that one of the sports biggest stars did that very thing early on in his career.

Jay

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back