More Brainerd Info (1 Viewer)

That's cool, but the really big question is.....Will Iven's be rebuilt and open for business by the time we get there next month?

That is great news. It's locally owned and owned by a person that
whats to keep it going and make it better.

It's amazing the rumors you hear. Last year people were talking
like 6-flags were waiting for the last car to go down sunday and
move in the roller coasters. They were so missinformed and led
into the rumors.

This is great for a Minnesotan fan of drag racing.

I'm very happy...............thank you for posting this.

NHRA put out a release on the transfer and future plans for the track. It's on DRC and (I assume) NHRAOnline.com

this is great - i'm pretty sure there are quite a few canadiens
who will also like this news.
congratulations to the new owners.

A friend called me today to say he heard them talking about this on a local radio station

This is great news!!!

I was told last month the track had been sold, but there were still some minor details that needed to be worked out before it became final. I've got to say, this has to be the best thing to happen for the future of this track! I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the mistakes made there in the last ten years. A new era for BIR is great news! :cool:

A friend called me today to say he heard them talking about this on a local radio station

Well....... WHAT DID THEY SAY?!?!?!?!?:confused: :confused: :confused:

No, seriously. I'm hoping this will settle some local issues regarding the track, and cement its future in the area. I DID notice "The Corporal" retained control of an eight unit condo. Gotta keep that door cracked ajar, in case you want to come back and throw a wrench into the works I guess.

....I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the mistakes made there in the last ten years. .....

This is indeed a good thing. I'm SOOOO happy to hear of this transfer of ownership. I'm going to be blunt and say that the previous owner's use of the track as a cash cow to support his other failing enterprisis darn near wiped major drag racing from the face of my beloved Minnesowtah.

The Corporal is gone!!!!! GOOOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

Well....... WHAT DID THEY SAY?!?!?!?!?:confused: :confused: :confused:

No, seriously. I'm hoping this will settle some local issues regarding the track, and cement its future in the area. I DID notice "The Corporal" retained control of an eight unit condo. Gotta keep that door cracked ajar, in case you want to come back and throw a wrench into the works I guess. [/COLOR]

not to split hairs, but it's the "Colonel" as in colonel Sanders of kfc fame. He's been rumored to be building a track here in the Flint area (glad I haven't been holding my breath)............................Perry Jr.

He's been rumored to be building a track here in the Flint area (glad I haven't been holding my breath)............................Perry Jr.

If he does build a track in your area you will find out why he is refered to as "The Corporal". I prefer to call him a "Private" (if you know what I mean, as in Richard).

This is a positive step in the right direction to bring more racers, fans and former track employees back to Brainerd. It says it all when your current staff places 2 signs out on the highway that read "The Colonel is gone" 2 weeks prior to the announcement of the sale.

I have had my own personal run ins with Mr. Williamson in the past. I'll just leave it that, he is less than professional in dealing with public relations.

.....I have had my own personal run ins with Mr. Williamson in the past. I'll just leave it that, he is less than professional in dealing with public relations.
from a camper's perspective - we witnessed a few incidents involving
the 'corporal'..... that being said, he used to have a fella' working for him
of similar age to himself who would ride around on a red golf cart and talk
to anybody, usually trying to ask for suggestions on how to
improve the event - Louie I believe was his name. Wish HE would have had
more pull - genuinely a great guy.
Bill Singleterry also always treated us well.

not to split hairs, but it's the "Colonel" as in colonel Sanders of kfc fame. He's been rumored to be building a track here in the Flint area (glad I haven't been holding my breath)............................Perry Jr.

Yes Perry. I'm fully aware what he refers to himself as, but at Pat noted above ^ ^^ other folks have different names for him. I'm just using one of the them that won't get my post deleted.

As John would say, (WWJS?) Bottom line: He's gone, that era is done, it's time to move on and turn the Brainerd track into one of the premiere motor sports facilities located in one of the prettiest areas of the country. And from what I've read and heard, it sounds like that exactly what the new owners intend to do! :)

Kinda had a feeling that's what was meant, as you say, I didn't want to make a comment that might get thread deleted. We have our own "thoughts" about the cro............., OH I mean Colonel here.......Perry Jr.

Oh, anyway, congratulations to the new owners and drag racing fans and hopes that Brainard becomes what all there hope for and we here in the Detroit and Flint area wish we had.........................Perry Jr.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back