Gainesville travelers: Florida over-length information (1 Viewer)

Jim

Nitro Member
Just noticed this on NHRA.com

"NHRA has been informed by the Interstate Registration Service that Florida is requiring any vehicle with an overall length (truck and trailer) of more than 65 feet or a trailer length of more than 28 feet to have a Special Road Use Permit to enter and to leave Florida."

Click here for more info Gainesville travelers: Florida over-length information

So nearly every single tractor/trailer except those doing local deliveries with a 28 foot trailer will need a permit? Idiotic!!! What the hell were they thinking when they came up with that moronic piece of law?

So nearly every single tractor/trailer except those doing local deliveries with a 28 foot trailer will need a permit? Idiotic!!! What the hell were they thinking when they came up with that moronic piece of law?

They saw how much California was making with the same ruling.....

so a non-commercial trailer longer than 28 feet is toast. What a racket! Anyone know what other state is also causing this greif?

The 28 ft rule is for doubles. some states still dont allow them without a permit. If you have questions about your setup here are the rules. you'll have to scroll thru theres a bunch of them. best thing to do is get all your weasurements and call to see if your legal. make sure and get the persons name and badge # in case you have any problems. you guys with the long toters may have a problem. I've been to orlando and bradenton this year and didnt hear of anyone having a problem. http://www.dot.state.fl.us/mcco/pdf/TruckingManual - 6th Edition 2006.pdf

We just got back from Tampa racing 2 weeks ago with our toter and stacker and no problems occured. There were over 100 cars at the track with half of them in rigs and i never heard a peep about this. Doesnt mean its not there though.

From what I've heard, this was brought on by an accident last year involving a long offshore boat rig which resulted in 2 deaths. Driver had no CDL, which in essense is like having no license at all. Supposedly a major lawsuit involved. I was also told that now they are going to require a CDL for any toter-home type vehicle/conversion which is built on a commercial truck chassis, whether it it used commercially or not.

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back