Mono strut testing in Gator ville? (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the link!

We saw the test run with the mono strut wing - my heart was in my throat watching the car fishtail wildly in the last third-or-so of the track, especially after Eric's crash. :(

Echo what Lisa said.

"Thus far the team has done two runs – and a half pass here at Gainesville –"
If that was a half track pass, I'd really nervous about a full pull!!! :eek:

:)

The fishtailing may have been more a result of track conditions than the mono wing itself. They tested with it in pre-season with favorable results.

That track sucked last weekend. Sorry to have to say so but....can't help it. It is what it is.

The fishtailing may have been more a result of track conditions than the mono wing itself. They tested with it in pre-season with favorable results.
Alan
I'm not sure that you ever read were Hot Dog said that it drove like a Cadillac... ;) Because MY 'sources' tell me, that one of those NASA space diapers are not quite up to par yet, for what the test dummy is feeling and wanting to do... :eek: Let's not even get into a slight breeze, windy or blustery day... :rolleyes: Much more testing should be done in all conditions... IMO Before this thing is just bolted on a run in comp... It seemed very impressive in Phoenix... But it is two huge handfuls, not to mention the pucker factor... The pucker meter was pegged!!:D

Last edited:
That track sucked last weekend. Sorry to have to say so but....can't help it. It is what it is.

I hate to say it but the left lane was absolutely terrible! The right lane seemed a little better but saw plenty of cars/bikes struggling in it also.

When was the last time we had 2 fuel funny cars tag the wall, on race day, and both out of the same lane (left)?!?!?!

I hate to say it but the left lane was absolutely terrible! The right lane seemed a little better but saw plenty of cars/bikes struggling in it also.

When was the last time we had 2 fuel funny cars tag the wall, on race day, and both out of the same lane (left)?!?!?!
I hope I don't have to go back at re-watch the tape... ;) Because my memory is as sharp as a butter knife... :D I believe it was two in the left and one in the right... :mad: So atleast the lanes were pretty equal... :rolleyes:

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back