Any more doubts about Whit being competetive? (1 Viewer)

DragFan2

Nitro Member
Hey, looks like it didn't take long for Whit and Lee Beard to dial in that new T/F ride, huh? Hot Rod gets to do R&D on the mono-strut and Whit gets right on-track with 4.54, 4.54 and then 4.55 runs in succession. No problem getting his T/F license with those kind of numbers. It's already running like a bracket car. Way to go Whit!

Kurt
I'd say Whit put the Bernstein blinders on and is really starting to get a feel for TOP FUEL!! I'd really love to hear his thoughts on these full pulls, since we only got to hear about his early shutoff runs... Drag it to mona and run it!!;) ;) :D

The numbers from Todays pass look to me like he was on a .51 pace till she shut it down just before the lights.

Hey, looks like it didn't take long for Whit and Lee Beard to dial in that new T/F ride, huh? Hot Rod gets to do R&D on the mono-strut and Whit gets right on-track with 4.54, 4.54 and then 4.55 runs in succession. No problem getting his T/F license with those kind of numbers. It's already running like a bracket car. Way to go Whit!

As I mentioned before, I am really interested in following this. I had NO doubt he would acclimate quickly. Plus Beard has last year's Fuller crew with him so there won't be a let down there.

There is no doubt that Whit is going to be a player this season... Along with Hot Dog Fuller... ;) :D :eek:

I didn't doubt for a minute that he could drive a TF car. Looks like Lee's got that thing set on "bracket-car" tune-up. Should be a good year for Whit and the team. :cool:

That is awesome! Never a doubt in my mind. Great to see Whit get in a bunch of consistent laps. It can only be a plus heading to Pomona.

Kurt

I don't think anyone had a doubt about Whit, he's was one of the best Funny Car pilots out there and the dragsters are less of a hand full than the funnies.

Kurt
I'd say Whit put the Bernstein blinders on and is really starting to get a feel for TOP FUEL!! I'd really love to hear his thoughts on these full pulls, since we only got to hear about his early shutoff runs... Drag it to mona and run it!!;) ;) :D

You can read Whit's thoughts on these full pulls on his blog on NHRA.com Interesting!

Carol

Kurt

Ray,

I too want to hear what Whit sez now that he has run it to the stripe and posted those BIG numbers (well low ET's) and high MPH for the most part.

Carol, unless you are reading a different blog than Ray and I, the most recent posting was from Saturday before Whit had made the full pulls to the 1/4 mile stripe.

Ray, I had to read your last comment a few times before I got what you meant "Drag it to mona and run it!!" as in (Po)mona, CA and the WinterNats! I finally figured out who/what "mona" was! Got me there. Ha! Is that ValleySpeak? LOL ;)

Ray,

I too want to hear what Whit sez now that he has run it to the stripe and posted those BIG numbers (well low ET's) and high MPH for the most part.

Carol, unless you are reading a different blog than Ray and I, the most recent posting was from Saturday before Whit had made the full pulls to the 1/4 mile stripe.

Ray, I had to read your last comment a few times before I got what you meant "Drag it to mona and run it!!" as in (Po)mona, CA and the WinterNats! I finally figured out who/what "mona" was! Got me there. Ha! Is that ValleySpeak? LOL ;)
Sorry! I guess it just gave a little description of what he thought so far! Your right though they weren't full pulls.
Carol

Kurt
I have either seen it spelled or mis-spelled on here so much that I am not sure if someone is messing with ME or not... I've seen Panona, Pamona, Nona, So I just called it mona for short, but to the point...:D Yeah thanks for making me look to Carol, you got at least 2 of us... LOL
I know you meant well Hun...i.e. Honey GEEZ!! if I gotta explain all these terms, it's going to get real old real quick... Or is it KWIK?? Ah 4-GET IT!!:D POMONA
Sorry I did'nt notice that Carol is a newby... Welcome Carol... NEWBY- new member I gotta go...;)

Last edited:
Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back