Mke Salinas Not Entered for Atlanta (1 Viewer)

Pretty sure that count goes back to 2011 when Mike made his debut. A.J. won't blow the rods out 3 times all year.

Alan

Yes, that what he said, from his T/F debut until his first win 45 blocks etc.
Rick

Mike is a smart man, he realizes non of this would be possible if his business suffered. It's not like he hasn't sat out before, he didnt run for a few years because I think he had the contract for Candlestick Park and business was crazy busy he didnt have time to race. Business before pleasure. Plus on the bright side, I know he has Alan Johnson and spends some serious coin for him but he is still a single car team and skipping a race will still help his bottom line.

What for? (I got the sarcasm) When you have no marketing partner, you don't have to go racing if you don't want. The crew on the other hand, gets paid not to go.

I remember a story a few years back of Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle skipping the stockholder's meeting to go watch his new catameran make it's maiden voyage.

BTW, Alan Johnson was helping Mike out last year too. Now this year he is on board with the team.

When I was talking to Mike at the 2017 FINALS, Alan was consulting then, so has had Alan's help in some form from at least 2017, if not before.

He said in his interview they used up/blew up 45 blocks and 53 sets of heads to get that first win. I'm thinking entire short block, anybody want to guess the cost of one Alan Johnson short block?
If you look at the AJPE website it shows a bare block at $8,000
Rick

Good for him. He won't be placed in an embarrassing position like Tony with no funds to race. Smart man.

Good for him. He won't be placed in an embarrassing position like Tony with no funds to race. Smart man.

Really, embarrassing? That would be the last thing I would call Tony's situation. Funding is a very difficult aspect of any Motorsports team and nothing is guaranteed to last forever. Sponsors come and go, and all you can do is get out there and find the next Company willing to make that investment. Don is not willing to fund it out of his pocket, and that is a smart decision IMO.

Why should Tony be embarrassed? Nothing lasts forever, and racing sponsorships certainly don't. Tony had an amazingly long run with the Army, and has amassed an unreal list of achievements. I hope he comes back, but if he didn't, I'm pretty sure he's got nothing to be embarrassed about. I'm a huge fan of Mike Salinas, but he's in an entirely different situation.

I tried to contact the Army about that deal going away...no comment
And called Tony Shoe, again no comment.
I called Mike Salinas and got no comment on his plans.

then I saw my phone wasn't working... dead battery. So I have the same amount of info as any of us....

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back