Mke Salinas Not Entered for Atlanta (1 Viewer)

qtermile14

Nitro Member
Does anybody know anything about this? Maybe another high school graduation to attend. His daughter that's running Pro Stock Motorcycle is also not entered.

Just heard back from Phil Burgess at National Dragster that he will not be attending due to business matters at home.

nice to see he has his priorities straight....he can miss quite a few races and still be in contention with the current format

Last edited:
Salinas is a hobbyist, he races for fun, works for a living. He has to work to pay for his hobby.
Matt Smith

I spoke to Mike at length Monday in Charlotte. He does business on a pretty large scale and has a deal coming together that (as the owner of the company) he must be there in person for. It's a simple as that.

This has nothing to do with the Countdown. With the size of the deal he is doing, if it was Pomona and he was 1 point ahead he would still skip the race for this. People as successful as Mike understand that you have to take care of business first.

Alan

I spoke to Mike at length Monday in Charlotte. He does business on a pretty large scale and has a deal coming together that (as the owner of the company) he must be there in person for. It's a simple as that.

This has nothing to do with the Countdown. With the size of the deal he is doing, if it was Pomona and he was 1 point ahead he would still skip the race for this. People as successful as Mike understand that you have to take care of business first.

Alan

Another words Mike does this for fun, hobby, and has his priorities straight. Business first without that there is no money for the hobby.

What for? (I got the sarcasm) When you have no marketing partner, you don't have to go racing if you don't want. The crew on the other hand, gets paid not to go.

I remember a story a few years back of Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle skipping the stockholder's meeting to go watch his new catameran make it's maiden voyage.

BTW, Alan Johnson was helping Mike out last year too. Now this year he is on board with the team.

What for? (I got the sarcasm) When you have no marketing partner, you don't have to go racing if you don't want. The crew on the other hand, gets paid not to go.

I remember a story a few years back of Larry Ellison, CEO of Oracle skipping the stockholder's meeting to go watch his new catameran make it's maiden voyage.

BTW, Alan Johnson was helping Mike out last year too. Now this year he is on board with the team.

They could use it as a test session to get run data or bring a backup car out for the same reason. He has a daughter they will need to get a car ready for too. Depending on the car count it could help fill out the field. Just thoughts. Seems ashamed a capable race winning car sitting out.

Another words Mike does this for fun, hobby, and has his priorities straight. Business first without that there is no money for the hobby.

He said in his interview they used up/blew up 45 blocks and 53 sets of heads to get that first win. I'm thinking entire short block, anybody want to guess the cost of one Alan Johnson short block?

Rick

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back