Millican youtube! (1 Viewer)

Jer

Nitro Member
Watch his channel at the races,really good! Its so nice when they are filming the car,all you hear is all car,no yapping till the green light comes on,and the sound is 100 times better than fs1! Wish nhra tv was like this,id subscribe!

I agree, Clay does a fantastic job with his channel. The racing stuff is great, and the tech pieces with Mike Klober are as well.

One thing I really like, is it's not just the good problem free stuff that they show. They talk about struggles with the car, and don't hide the fact they have a smaller budget and they do the best they can with what they have. In Gainesville for example- They let PFI Speed video some stuff, and showed Kaylynn (clutch girl) and Mike Klober going over some inconsistent clutch wear they were having, and how the disks were numbered, dated, positioned, and how much each disk in the pack wore run to run. Clay also explained they broke a crankshaft in testing and ruined a bunch of stuff. They admitted they knew it probably had too many runs on it, but they were trying to get by with what they had.

Yes, what Clay is doing with his Youtube channel adds a new dimension in the way drag racing is covered in the media. I didn't know much about Clay Millican until watching his videos. He has quickly become my favorite driver in all drag racing. I'm surprised that more racers haven't followed in his footsteps although there is only one Clay Millican, and only one Millican smile and friendliness. Still, it seems that these teams are dragging their knuckles when it comes to connecting to fans. Dang, the guy can work on a carb from an ATV and I'll watch. On top of all that, we get a good look at the least expensive way to become a competitive driver in the pro nitro business.

I agree, Clay has done a great job with making videos for YouTube. Paul mentioned above that Clay and team had PFI Speed in their pits as guests over the Gatornationals weekend. One of the things that I really enjoyed from those video's is how much Clay and Mike Klober seemed genuinely interested in what Brent was doing back at his shop.... which was learning to burn Nitromethane in a 4 cylinder front wheel drive import car. Mike Klober seemed especially interested in that project. In fact, a few days after Gainesville, Klober drove his RV to the PFI Speed shop in Colorado to personally check out that shop and Brent's current projects, including more nitro tech talk. I am not normally a PFI Speed YouTube viewer, but those videos popped up in my feed after watching Clay's Gatornational's videos. I thought it was pretty cool that Brent (who is trying to lean how to burn nitro) was not only able to talk to a veteran nitro tuner like Mike Klober at the race track, but then to have him stop by the shop in person was really cool! Great job with the YouTube video's Clay and Mike!

Ways To Support Nitromater

Users who are viewing this thread

Back